Sundance 3300SK - Seeking feedback on Sundance units from owners

Dave

Traveling Two
Throughout the Heartland Forum I read about Big Country and Big Horn 5er's, doesn't anyone have a Sundance 3300SK?? This is the unit we are considering for full time RVing but there is very little user inputs from owners concerning issues, likes/dislikes etc. We have looked over about three 3300SK's at dealers up and down the east coast and the unit looks well manufactured, fit and finish looks good and the slides move effortlessly. As most experienced RVer's will tell you, all RV's have some "issues" and are not perfect but I have seen very little (good or bad) on the Sundance 3300SK (must be a very good unit!!)(I hope so). Our plans are to work camp around the country therefore we wouldn't be constantly on the move. My question is, would the 3300SK hold up under this work load, esp the floor around the entry door and bathroom arreas? Options I'm considering are dual pane windows, electric jacks, 8-10 ft refridge amoung a couple of others.
What tire manufactor are used on Heartland RV's? Will a Heartland dealer/repair shop honor warranty repair if I purchase our 3300SK from an internet dealer?

Thanks for any input. //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

Dave

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
HI Dave.we have a 3300sk sundance an are planing to do the same as you we will be leaving Mich for our !st job inNov at AZ we installed a generator and added extra storage cabinets we do not have dual pane windows. I think that it will be good for full timing as it was comfortable living in it for a month in Idaho TRAVELER07

Dave

Traveling Two
Sundance 3300SK

HI Dave.we have a 3300sk sundance an are planing to do the same as you we will be leaving Mich for our !st job inNov at AZ we installed a generator and added extra storage cabinets we do not have dual pane windows. I think that it will be good for full timing as it was comfortable living in it for a month in Idaho TRAVELER07

Traveler07..Thanks for the input esp from a RV'er who has the same work camper plan as us. It seems like the 3300SK is not a popular RV (?) We are looking at purchasing a 3300SK this fall, currently were in a 30 ft Coachmen for the next six months while I work in Norfolk, VA. What vehicle do you pull your 3300 in? I've got a 06 Silverado 2500HD gasser. Got to head for work, I would like to "check in" with you in a month or two and see how things are going if you don't mind. Have a safe trip!!

Dave

jbeletti

Hi Dave,

I knew we could count on Rick (Traveler07) to chime in on this for you. Rick is active in Heartland Owners Chat usually each night so don't hesitate to pop into the chat room live chat with Rick and others.

Heartland Owners Chat (HOC).

Jim

TRAVELER07

Hello Dave, I pull mine with a 2007 F250 diesel ,short bed, single rear wheel, 4wd; I don't use a slider hitch and never had trouble turning. The trailer pulls very well even in the mt.'s I have add extras to it to make it more comfortable and like home going to change tires and add shocks my wife loves the open kitchen and living area she says it does not make her feel confined ;Any thing else feel free to ask, Good luck with your dream see you on the road. TRAVELER07[Rick]

Sundance_kid

We love our 3300SK as it tows like a dream, even pulling doubles. Make sure you upgrade the axles to 6,000#. Our F250 handles it fine, so you should be ok. Have fun and happy trails.

Dave

Traveling Two
Sundance

We love our 3300SK as it tows like a dream, even pulling doubles. Make sure you upgrade the axles to 6,000#. Our F250 handles it fine, so you should be ok. Have fun and happy trails.

Thanks Sundance Kid for your input. Our plans are to workcamp in a couple of years so we won't be pulling the 3300SK around the country constantly. With this plan I'm hoping the RV will not be falling apart due to road vibrations. Were selling the house so some day we might be living in it!! Take care, be careful and maybe our paths will cross. Dave

egnors

We don't have the SK, we went with the 3300BHS to give our two boys somewhere to keep all their stuff out of the way. So far, the worst thing that has been wrong from delivery was the bunkroom door latch would stick in the door, letting the door swing in the breeze. After one season of camping in it, there was only one other thing to get fixed that was really needed, the outside security light was not grounded correctly and didn't turn on. Other than that, we have had no trouble at all out of our Sundance, and are very happy with the purchase we made. It towes well behind our truck, sets up quickly and makes our camping trips a lot more enjoyable compared to the 24ft TT that we moved up from.

TexYa

Hi,
We bought the Sundance 3300Sk in March, began to live in it at the end of May and LOVE it.

Our only problem so far was with the microwave but Camping World got in touch with Heartland and it was replaced, no charge to us!

We love the open living space but even with all the slides in, we can still get to everything in the kitchen. The private bathroom is wonderful too!

We've only been on one long trip and that was two weeks in Colorado. I had a hard time getting my husband to let me drive but I got the chance a couple of times and it pulls like it's not even there! We have a short wheel base Dodge Cummings. We bought the slider hitch but didn't need to go to that extra expense....... with the patented design we've had it sideways on the truck and it didn't come close to hitting anything! Thanks HEARTLAND!

Haven't had a problem with the AC but the front bedroom isn't as cool as the rest of the rv. I just put a small fan on the dresser and that took care of it for us so far and we live in Texas.

Can't answer questions on how it will hold up in the long run but feel free to ask later, we'll still be living here or there or somewhere else.
Cary

rob hutch

Dave,
We don't have a 3300 but we do have a 3200bhs and don't have any complaints. I tow wth a 450 ford dually 4x4 2008. We are leaving so. fla. in a couple of weeks heading to the Grand Canyon for a five week trip We are taking two of five children and one of. three grandkids plenty of room this is our first cross country trip. Sundance is a well built unit hope you enjoy your HEARTLAND, HAPPY CAMPING

Dave

Traveling Two
3300sk

Thanks folks for the reply. We were ready to order a couple of weeks ago but we didn't. We are still looking at the 3300SK and probably will put one on order this fall. I will keep in touch to see how you are doing. Good luck to the both of you!!!
Dave

Hi,
We bought the Sundance 3300Sk in March, began to live in it at the end of May and LOVE it.

Our only problem so far was with the microwave but Camping World got in touch with Heartland and it was replaced, no charge to us!

We love the open living space but even with all the slides in, we can still get to everything in the kitchen. The private bathroom is wonderful too!

We've only been on one long trip and that was two weeks in Colorado. I had a hard time getting my husband to let me drive but I got the chance a couple of times and it pulls like it's not even there! We have a short wheel base Dodge Cummings. We bought the slider hitch but didn't need to go to that extra expense....... with the patented design we've had it sideways on the truck and it didn't come close to hitting anything! Thanks HEARTLAND!

Haven't had a problem with the AC but the front bedroom isn't as cool as the rest of the rv. I just put a small fan on the dresser and that took care of it for us so far and we live in Texas.

Can't answer questions on how it will hold up in the long run but feel free to ask later, we'll still be living here or there or somewhere else.
Cary

Dave

Traveling Two
3300sk

Howdy Rob,
Thanks for the reply on the 3300SK. We haven't order ours yet but probably will this fall. Our plan is to full time in the 3300SK so I'm trying to contac the folks who have purchased a 3300SK and see if this unit will stand up to full time use. We have a 30' 5th Coachmen that we lived in for six months last year and will be in it for six months this year. The major concern I have with the Coachmen is the floor by the front door is noticeably spongy, so this unit won't be with us long! Good luck on your trip to the Grand Canyon. When we go full time I would like to work at the GC doing something. Planning on retiring in 2-3 years. Good luck again Rob and family, we certainly hope you have a great time!!
Dave

Dave,
We don't have a 3300 but we do have a 3200bhs and don't have any complaints. I tow wth a 450 ford dually 4x4 2008. We are leaving so. fla. in a couple of weeks heading to the Grand Canyon for a five week trip We are taking two of five children and one of. three grandkids plenty of room this is our first cross country trip. Sundance is a well built unit hope you enjoy your HEARTLAND, HAPPY CAMPING

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
Dave, thank you for your interest in the 3300SK ( great choice), at this time Sundace does not offer a 10 c.ft. Refer, dual payne windows are a special order and takes about 4-6 weeks, rear electric jacks are good, 50 amp svc, 16" wheels Missions ST235 80R16 E loads, 10 gal gas/elect water heater and many many more options and features too make your work load a pleasant expereince.. any Heartland dealer will be more than happy to assisit you if you should need them - thanks and enjoy your Sundance - operators are standing by. John Leonard Sundance Manager

Dave

Traveling Two
3300sk

Cary,

You responded to a question I had concerning the 3300SK approximately 2 months ago. How are things going with your 3300SK? We are going to look at another 3300SK tomorrow, DW wants to sit in it to make sure she gets "the feel" that this unit is the one we will full time in. My only concern is my TV, its a Silverado 2500HD 6.0L 3.73 gear ratio but its a gas engine. Specs say it can pull up to 10,200 lbs, the 3300SK weights around 9,200 lb, and probably, without some of the options we want to add. Right now we travel between South Carolina and Virginia Beach Va which is predominately fairly flat so I don't think I will have to much of a problem, but full timing I might be a little short on TV power. Thanks for keeping in touch, how is your trip going, any issues with your 3300SK?

Dave and Dorene

Hi,

Cary

TRAVELER07

Hi Dave , One thing that I learned having our Sundance 3300sk weighted at the the Heartland owners rally, at Branson Missouri ;Is upgrade to the 16" wheels and tires.,because of the bedroom slide, the heavy kitchen and entertainment center slide with the appliances,tv and food pantry and the bathroom, all on the off door side[driver side].The stock 15" tires were over there rated cap.on the off door side[ driver side] and under there rated cap. on the door side [passenger side].We will also be fulltiming in the same unit starting this Oct 2008 .Now we are adding our extras to our 3300sk to make living in it more comfortable. TRAVELER07

roazo

Sundance Owner
Traveler07

If I may ask what was your weights. I have weighed mine on scale, has 17,360 total with3460 front truck 4860 rear truck and 9040 on trailer wheels under their ratting ( 15" load range E on 5000 axles). Under on truck and trailer.

You can PM or email if you like.

Last edited:

TRAVELER07

Hi roazo, My total GCW of the trailer anh truck was 20,500 lbs. The weight on the off door side front tire of the trailer was 2,850 lbs the15" tire cap was2,540 lbs and the weight on the off door side rear tire was 2,800 lbsand again tire cap for the 15" tire was 2,540 lbs.On the door side of the trailer the weight on the front tire was 2,225 lbs,on the 15" tire ,the tire cap was 2,540 lbs,and the weight on the rear tire was 2,350 lbs with the tire cap of 2,540 lbs on the 15" tire. The axle are the 5,000 lb axles. The trailer axle weight was 10,200 lbs, trailer weight was 12,200 lbs, tow veh was 8,300 lbs = combined weight of 20,500 lbs

roazo

Sundance Owner
Thanks Traveler07
I now wished I would have had mine weighted , but with my E tires 2830 I should still be ok.

Jim Posz

Our experiences 3300SK

We bought a new '07 3300SK in March of this year (good deal). We've run several weekends and two weeks into the Dakotas and Colorado. We very much like the floorplan, particularly the large enclosed bath, big rear window and the fact that you can access most of the coach with the slides in. That's real handy in rest areas at lunch. Moving the recliners around is a little bit of a hassle when you set up.

We pull with an '05 Silverado 2500HD, 6.0 gas engine. It's enough power but none to spare. The newer Silverado's have a 6 speed automatic that would probably be better. We have a wind deflector (Ultra Fab) that probably helps a little; we had bought it for our previous 5'er that had the aerodynamics of a shoe box. Also have a Hensley air hitch.

Hope this helps.