Wyoming Domicile Recommendations

Hello All,

The Mrs. and I have taken the plunge and ordered our Landmark Newport (future full-time home). It should be here in March. I am considering as Wyoming our residency state due to the income tax savings and resident hunting benefits.
Could anyone recommend a good mail forwarding service, give recommendations on establishing residency, and the current license requirements for towing the Newport?
Also, we welcome any more advice on the subject, as this adventure is kind of scary.

thanks in advance.

Need to read this if your reason is to acquire a hunting license. Similar circumstances in MT where one son did live and one still does
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Am-I-a-Wyoming-Resident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read that and we plan to live in Wyoming for the required period to establish residence, but thereafter, we plan to travel and would need a mail forwarding service.
I'm not married to Wyoming. I just thought it would be a nice state to establish a home base. Even if it is only a small piece of land and a shed to park the RV.

i welcome any suggestions as to nice places for outdoorsy 30-somethings to spend some time.

rxbristol

Have you considered belonging to Escapees with their mail forwarding service and residency help? I don't think Wyoming in on their list for the best residency state.

MCTalley

If you don't own or rent any physical property in Wyoming (or most other states), it is my understanding that you can't claim it for residency purposes. To the best of my knowledge, the only three states that allow a mailbox to be your domicile are Texas, South Dakota and Florida. Escapees mentioned in a recent newsletter or magazine article that they are looking into Tennessee as a fourth state (which I would switch to from Texas in a heartbeat).

Thank you all for the good info. I am considering South Dakota since, after all, the whole purpose of going full-time is to not be tied down in one place. I had considered buying a piece of land in Wyoming, but it seems my work schedule (turnaround inspector), would prevent me from maintaining Wyoming residence anyway. I would be away from the state for more than 180 days per year.

Gaffer

We live in Oregon and have used a UPS store or Postal Connections for all our mail for the last 25 years. This includes when we were full time. Now that we are anytimers we still use it. We don't even have a mailbox at the house. They forward mail to us whenever we request it via USPS Priority Flat rate.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You might look into a LLC in Montana. We do own bare land there that costs us $250 a year for taxes and road maintance. Any vehicle you buy and do an out of state delivery...you do not pay any sales tax on. Saved over $5K when I bought my last TV. Trailer tags are a one time pay and never pay again. Just a thought.

We live in Oregon and have used a UPS store or Postal Connections for all our mail for the last 25 years. This includes when we were full time. Now that we are anytimers we still use it. We don't even have a mailbox at the house. They forward mail to us whenever we request it via USPS Priority Flat rate.

Thanks, i'm looking into the UPS store in Rapid city.

- - - Updated - - -

You might look into a LLC in Montana. We do own bare land there that costs us $250 a year for taxes and road maintance. Any vehicle you buy and do an out of state delivery...you do not pay any sales tax on. Saved over $5K when I bought my last TV. Trailer tags are a one time pay and never pay again. Just a thought.

Bob, I already have my Montana LLC set up. a great investment. thanks.