Heartland Owner Plaque

Aandaar

So I got mine in the mail the other day and I now have it mounted on the ladder. I saw another post about the plaque but it did not address my concern.

So do you leave it on all the time even going down the freeway. Or should I remove when underway?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Mine was supposed to have come with suction cups to stick it to a window . . . but none were in the box.

We don't have a ladder, so can't mount it that way either.

Actually, it didn't come with any kind of mounting hardware . . .

I've been looking for some way to mount it without drilling holes in the side of the trailer.

One thought I had was to buy some metal strapping (like what we used to use to keep a car stereo from bouncing in the dashboard) and wrapping it around the rear bumper and attaching the plaque to that.

Or something . . .

TxCowboy

When ours arrives, we're going to mount it on the door-side cargo compartment door. Has much more visibility when we're in RV parks than it would mounted on the ladder.

MTPockets

Mine is mounted on the front hatch door. It's permanently fixed by thru-bolting with SS bolts. Don't tell anyone, but I did that to cover up a boo boo when I forgot to close my tailgate when departing. The plaque covered it nicely and it looks good too.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Mine is mounted on the front hatch door. It's permanently fixed by thru-bolting with SS bolts. Don't tell anyone, but I did that to cover up a boo boo when I forgot to close my tailgate when departing. The plaque covered it nicely and it looks good too.

You're secret is safe with me . . . :rolleyes:

MikeR

I don't understand the mentality of tailgates and why they like to bite front compartment doors. Thanks to you my Heartland Owners plaque will be removed from my ladder and remounted to my front compartment door! Cheap fix and it will look good. Thanks!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I don't understand the mentality of tailgates and why they like to bite front compartment doors. Thanks to you my Heartland Owners plaque will be removed from my ladder and remounted to my front compartment door! Cheap fix and it will look good. Thanks!

My bo-boo has been in place since 2010. I just bought a couple of battery vent covers to put over it. Will leave the owner's plaque on the ladder.

MikeR

My bo-boo has been in place since 2010. I just bought a couple of battery vent covers to put over it. Will leave the owner's plaque on the ladder.

Another good idea. Now I have to decide which one to use. I do like my plaque on the ladder.

MTPockets

Another good idea. Now I have to decide which one to use. I do like my plaque on the ladder.
We considered getting a second plaque to put on the ladder. That can be seen going down the road, while the one on front can be seen when parked in the site...

avvidclif

I put mine on the back, no ladder, using the provided doublestick tape. Abt 3 weeks later happened to look and 2 of the tapes had turned loose. Removed it and it's inside now, gets put out when we think about it.

mlpeloquin

I think he is in Reno, NV. He also made us a "In Case of Emergency Rescue Dog" sign with suction cups. We were in Reno for the Heartland Rally and he hand delivered it. For the person who didn't get the suction cups, give him a call.

rhodies1

So I got mine in the mail the other day and I now have it mounted on the ladder. I saw another post about the plaque but it did not address my concern.

So do you leave it on all the time even going down the freeway. Or should I remove when underway?

Asking probably a stupid question but how to you get the Heartland owners plaque
tips

Aandaar

The first plaque comes in the mail once you pay for your membership along with some other swag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

jbeletti

The first plaque comes in the mail once you pay for your membership along with some other swag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

This changed on Feb 1. The cost of the plaque and frame has been unbundled from the cost of the first year membership (now reduced to $35). Plaques and frames can still be ordered and can be done directly with our supplier (PLAK-R).

danemayer

Asking probably a stupid question but how to you get the Heartland owners plaque
tips

Hi rhodies1,

Here's a link to the Club page which explains everything. Previously, upon joining the Heartland Owners Club, a plaque was included. In order to reduce the 1st year dues, the plaque is no longer included. You can order it separately after joining the club.

The first year dues include a one-time shipment of club materials. Renewal dues are much lower.