2013 Trailrunner 29FQBS water in underbelly

Jldemers1

I bought my trailer used last July. When I bought I had the dealer fix a soft spot in the floor on the side of the bed. I was also told by the dealer that the water leak was fixed. Well the other day I found that the underbelly on either side of the bed was full of water. I drained out a good gallon from each side. I would be interested in learning if anyone else has had this issue. If anyone has had the issue coukd you share where you found the water infilration point. I have no signs of water in the walls. I suspect the front compartment doors. Any advice on removing and sealing would be great. Thank you.

jimtoo

Hi Jldemers1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when they can.

Hopefully someone with a Trailrunner will jump in and give some ideas for you soon.

Enjoy the forum and check out our Heartland Owners Club.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Have you driven in rain?? That is the most common cause of water in the underbelly. One fix is to drill a 1/4" hole in the low spots and see if you still have water leaking out. Then you will know if you need to drop the underbelly and search for a leak. Before you drill, put a piece of rubber hose or something on the drill bit so you don't drill too deep. I would leave about a 1/4" of drill sticking out. Ya don't want to bore a hole in a holding tank.

Jldemers - We just bought a used 2014 29FQBS and I just discovered that the underbelly insulation is soaked in the exact same areas you mentioned. As you can imagine, I am a bit frustrated! It is directly below the pass through access doors mostly on the door side but might also be wet on the other side as well. Did you find the source of the water leak on yours? if so what did you do to correct it?

Thanks
!