Water Softener Hookup

Mike-n-Justina

I am getting ready to install an Rv Pro 10,000. I would like to install it in my basement behind the UDC. I would like to keep it in out of weather. If i keep it inside i won' t have to drag it out every time we set up somewhere. Has anyone done this? Can you give me some ideas or pictures on best way to do this?

mlpeloquin

I use quick connect hose connectors. When traveling the water softener sits near the opening along side the UDC and held in place with velcro. It isn't a problem lifting and it doesn't block access to the storage area. I prefer the access and have a role of blue shop towels to wipe it down when putting it back for traveling. Hooking it up is quick and so is the disconnect. It also makes regeneration easy since it has to be removed to do so.

Another thing to consider is the potential for a water leak. A flooded basement is not a small problem. You will have to clean out the basement, remove (unscrew) the walls and runs fans for at least two days to dry out. It doesn't take much of a leak to make a big problem.

danemayer

Do you know how often a regeneration is supposed to happen where you add salt? If you put it inside, every time it regenerates, I'd guess you'll be crawling into the basement plumbing area.