Upfitter Switches.....what have you hooked to them?

Oregon_Camper

When I got my my F-350, it already had the 4 Upfitter Switches installed.

So, I start thinking what can I do with them? Lights somewhere...bed of truck?

Figured why not ask the experts... :cool:

Lets here what you have done with yours or what you would do if you had them.

....sorry to non Ford guys, not sure if other brands have these or not.

images.jpg

Mburtsvt

Fuel pump for the aux tank and I replaced the bottom fog lights with better ones. Two down, two to go.

JanAndBill

Auxillary electric fan in front of the radiator. Have work lights for bed and bumper but not wired yet.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
2016 Ram 3500. I have 5 aux switches.
1= transfer pump from aux tank
2= DC outlets in bed
3=
4=
5= PTO switch runs off the Trans

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I hooked up the air compressor for the air bags on switch #4. Thinking about adding another air compressor to another switch for some air train horns as soon as I find the funds.

Lou_and_Bette

Solenoid for auto air bags, did that so I didn't have to turn off truck when I put down landing gear because system saw weight unloaded and blew off air dropping hitch height before I was ready.

TPMS monitor so it didn't beep at me on the cold mornings.

Aandaar

Solenoid for auto air bags, did that so I didn't have to turn off truck when I put down landing gear because system saw weight unloaded and blew off air dropping hitch height before I was ready.

TPMS monitor so it didn't beep at me on the cold mornings.

Lou

I am having this issue also. How did you set this up? Would love to do this also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Bones

When I unhitch mine I slowly take weight off and let the truck adjust. once it adjust I finish the procedure and then unhook the truck.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have them in my old truck and new one. How do you access them to hook anything up?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bigdob24

I have a 350 also with the switches.
Where is the spot to hook them up?
I would use them if I found it easy to hook-up
Dan

jnbhobe

Read your book. There are 4 blunt ends up behind the emergency brake, PIA to get to. I don't remember the colors, and I think you have to pull the panel under the steering wheel.

Geodude

I have bed lights but they're wired into the step lights, so they fade out after a minute. If I need them to stay on I leave a door ajar. I was going to hook them up to an upfitter but I kind of like how they operate now. I have my upfitter switches acting as a power switch for my CB radio, my dash cam, my nav system and my 120V power bar.

Oregon_Camper

.....my dash cam, my nav system and my 120V power bar.

Nice....I'd love to see some pictures of you trucks setup.

- - - Updated - - -

I have them in my old truck and new one. How do you access them to hook anything up?
I have a 350 also with the switches.
Where is the spot to hook them up? I would use them if I found it easy to hook-up

Here are two links I found on YouTube that do a good job of showing you what is involved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUEs34ot5sA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_KrytQxVBY

BLHFUN

1. Built in Radar detector
2. Air bags pump
3. AUX fuel pump for transfer tank.
4. Not used