Landmark 365 Bed Mattress

RLA655

We have a 2015 Landmark Newport with the King Bed. It has a Waveland "Sleep System" mattress. We're having issues with "Sink" holes and they aren't returning to normal. As soon as you lay down, the mattress sinks and you sleep in a hole all night long, which isn't very comfortable. Was wondering if it's an issue with our mattress or is there other people see this?
Thanks

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We have a 2015 Landmark 365 Newport as well. Except ours is the queen bed, not king. We have the mattress and "box spring" that came with the camper and we have not had the experience you are describing. Not sure if having the queen vs king makes a difference.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
We never spent a night on ours in our Ashland. We spent the first night at the dealership. The first thing I requested from the dealer after signing the paperwork was to have one of the service guys to help me swap our residential queen mattress out of our Sundance and put it in the Landmark. This is the third camper we have had the residential mattress in and we just love it! We love each other, but hated having to climb out of the hole all nignt trying to get away from each other.

Donna1098

We had a sleep number in our Landmark and I didn't like it at all. Hubby thought it was great but just as stated above I was in a hole. We had a Tempurpedic at our SB and cut it to fit the RV. Now we're both happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
The mattress in our Key West made it through the first season. We bought a Sleep Number to match the one we have at home. No problems now.

Kristy

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Kristy what did you guys do with the pump for the sleep number? In my older LM I had to strap it to the aluminum supports.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I wasn't home when Mark put it in, but I think he might have built it a little platform attached to the bed from underneath. I will ask him when I talk to him tomorrow to let you know for sure what he did with the pump and electrical.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Ok. Here is what he did. He Velcro strapped the pump to the back inside wall of the storage compartment under the bed. He drilled an inch and a half hole in the back of that storage compartment and put in a grommet to protect the air hoses that run up to the head of the bed. The bed platform has slick stick-on floor tiles so the bed can slide easily to make it so he had to leave a little extra hose so it could. He ran the electrical cord along the bottom edge inside the bed frame and put it through the frame to plug into the outlet on his side of the bed frame and zip tied it to hold it in place.

Let me know if that isn't clear enough and I can have him send me some photos to post.

Kristy

2psnapod2

Thanks Kristy that does help me a bunch. We will at some time get a new Landmark and now I know that our Sleep number can be fixed to work in it. I appreciate your help.

Within a month of buying our Newport, we had to dispose of the mattress that came with the RV. It was the king size and it did feel like we were sleeping in a hole plus it was just very uncomfortable. We purchased a sleep number because DH prefers soft and I like the bed rather firm.

mlpeloquin

Our Big Horn came with a foam mattress. I don't know the brand, but after the first three trips the foam stopped returning to level. Yes we sleep in a hole until the Sleep Number comes on sale again later this year. We kind of expected this from a foam mattress and were not surprised.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our Big Horn came with a foam mattress. I don't know the brand, but after the first three trips the foam stopped returning to level. Yes we sleep in a hole until the Sleep Number comes on sale again later this year. We kind of expected this from a foam mattress and were not surprised.

Right now, you can get a ComfortAire (manufactured by Select Comfort) RV Short King from Camping World for $899, until 2/28. The size of the "Short King" is 72"X80", instead of the standard 76x80 for an "Eastern King". I measured our slide in the BC and a 76" wide King would not fit, only the 72". I confirmed with Sleep Number that they manufacture this bed for CW, and it is warranted for 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During a Landmark factory tour the rep mentioned that they put the cheapest mattress they can find in the units because everyone replaces them anyway. So, everyone can expect the poorest quality and if you want a mattress to last that is comfortable at all expect to replace the one provided within 3 months of purchase. Had the factory replace ours twice in that three month period before the tour. Amazing that the manufacturer would do such a rather underhanded thing but not surprising in the industry.

2psnapod2

I am sure they buy the best they can and still keep the cost in line. We where very satisfied with ours. As it lasted over 2 years of full timing.

danemayer

During a Landmark factory tour the rep mentioned that they put the cheapest mattress they can find in the units because everyone replaces them anyway. So, everyone can expect the poorest quality and if you want a mattress to last that is comfortable at all expect to replace the one provided within 3 months of purchase. Had the factory replace ours twice in that three month period before the tour. Amazing that the manufacturer would do such a rather underhanded thing but not surprising in the industry.

There are probably hundreds of mattress choices available at a variety of price points. They all sell well in mattress stores. Is there one mattress that would be right for every RV buyer?

We sleep on memory foam mattresses at home and in the RV. But I've also returned a memory foam mattress because it felt very uncomfortable to us. I know a lot of people who prefer Sleep Number mattresses - maybe 2X the cost of our memory foam. We once had a coil-on-coil mattress that was great, but also very, very pricey.