Problem posting my position on the map

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone else is having problems post their position on a Heartland Owners Position (HOP) map? I have tried using Safari on my Macbook Pro, Google Chrome and IE on my PC and have had no luck. After I add my location and it refreshes, my pin is not listed. I have tried deleting it and re-adding it numerous times on various operating systems and web browsers. What am I doing wrong?

Rod

Last edited:

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Rod.....

Try finding your house on the map first then drop your pin on that location
You will need to zoom in close.

For20hunter

I tried that too Jim and still nothing. Or at least I am unable to see myself on the map.

Roller4tan

I've found that there are a lot of people in Antarctica and the Pacific Ocean. The longitude and latituse points sometimes reverse themselves during saving(- to + points). Asking the program to find you and then zoming in on the spot to click your location helps me.

For20hunter

How do you have the program find or locate you? I do not see a button or command for that?

Rod

I've found that there are a lot of people in Antarctica and the Pacific Ocean. The longitude and latituse points sometimes reverse themselves during saving(- to + points). Asking the program to find you and then zoming in on the spot to click your location helps me.

danemayer

I'm not sure you have to, but I wait for the 800 or so existing positions to load. You can watch the count at the right.
Then press Add/Edit Your entry

position edit.jpg

Press on Locate Me! to get close to your current location. Your computer may prompt you for permission.

Position Locate.jpg

Click on the + button at the top left corner of the map to zoom in.
Then click on the map to refine your position.

Position zoom in on location.jpg

Once the icon is positioned exactly where you want it, press the Update Your Entry button.

position update.jpg

If it updates successfully, you should see the following message.

position has been updated.jpg

Attachments

• position Locate zoomed.jpg
    position Locate zoomed.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 14

For20hunter

That is exactly what I do to add my location, however once it loads, I am not visible on the map. At least I am not able to see myself.

Rod
I'm not sure you have to, but I wait for the 800 or so existing positions to load. You can watch the count at the right.
Then press Add/Edit Your entry

View attachment 42875

Press on Locate Me! to get close to your current location. Your computer may prompt you for permission.

View attachment 42876

Click on the + button at the top left corner of the map to zoom in.
Then click on the map to refine your position.

View attachment 42877

Once the icon is positioned exactly where you want it, press the Update Your Entry button.

View attachment 42879

If it updates successfully, you should see the following message.

View attachment 42880

For20hunter

Here is a screen shot after my location was allegedly updated.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 10.14.01 AM.jpg

As you can see, my pin is not on the map at the location it showed when I was adding it. When I zoom out and get a wider view, it is still not visible anywhere.

Rod

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Since this posting, I realized that I haven't updated my map, so I changed my position to my present location but can't see a pin with my name on it. Honesty I've never checked on it before, so it may be normal.

I also checked the Fredericksburg TX area and found no one there. This is where the Sweetheart rally is going on right now. It's possible that no one that is there has updated their position?

danemayer

Found one problem. I click on Locate Me and the Latitude and Longitude are filled in. But if I then click on the map to refine the position, the Latitude and Longitude values get swapped into their correct position. That might be part of the problem.

linuxkidd

Thanks to everyone for your troubleshooting. There is an issue with the lat/long getting swapped. I'll get this glitch corrected today.

In the mean time, if you click on the map to move your pin, you should see the values correctly, and clicking update then should work.

Thanks,
LK