Wow..what a headache

DentguyJC

I bought a 2013 Gateway 3200 new in Sept of 2013. I travel ALOT for work, so I thought I was buying a quality RV make for traveling. First day I used it, I flooded the bathroom floor because the shower door track was installed backwards and let the shower water pour out onto the floor instead of back into the tub. I fixed it myself because I was camped in the middle of nowhere. A few months later after I fix a few more small things, I'm getting a black tank smell in my camper. After chasing that down, I found the black tank valve seals were leaking....all under the belly pan. Yeah. I put a new valve in myself, and then the pull cable for the valve broke. So far the inside of the camper seems to be holding up fine. The outside, not so much. The weather stripping seals around the slides are constantly coming off, the fender flares over the tires are cracked and broken. In November I was traveling to Las Cruces for work when the Lippert Correct Track suspension system BROKE in half and fell out from under my camper going down the highway. Got it to a RV Repair shop in Sante Fe and Lippert says "Sorry! out of warranty! One year" $3500 later.. I put all new suspension, tires, brakes, wheel bearings on a 2 year old RV because they looked as if they had 100k miles on them. So far so good. Last month I was heading home from a job in Houston when we stopped at a truck stop for fuel. We came out and noticed something had hit and ran my camper. It didnt look bad but by the time I got home to Mississippi, the back wall of the camper was coming loose from the sides and about to fall off. Now its in the shop again for that. Hopefully they can fix it.Jason

CaptnJohn

I wonder if any are actually "made for traveling" any farther than from the factory to the dealer and home. I've been very lucky with my last 3 units. Hope they get your back wall fixed soon. I'm not sure how many shops are able to handle that and glad you have one.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have pulled my 2011 around the US and it is not falling apart.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

danemayer

45,000 miles over quite a bit of the country on ours.

Since the OP didn't say exactly what part failed on his suspension, or what maintenance had been done, it's hard to form an opinion. But the suspension manufacturers and the trailer manual do call for annual/12,000 mile suspension inspections and bearing inspection/repack. Shackle links are a weak spot for sure, as are bushings. There's not much on the Correct Track itself that can fail, but I seem to recall someone reporting a bolt that came loose.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had to replace a part or 2 in my suspension. But when we are running as man miles as we do. Thing are bound to happen. And I'd he's tugging his RV around while working, I would think his miles are many and hard ones to. But yes, inspections are needed and things do brake. 3500 bucks sounds like he went ahead and did some stuff that might not been really needed. But who knows. These things are not tanks and tanks brake down also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk