dishwasher install

danemayer

Hi BVK,

Congratulations on the new Landmark 365 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Perhaps another LM365 owner has done a DYI dishwasher install and can comment.

You may be interested in our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide, located in this folder. It supplements Heartland's trailer manual and could answer questions for you before you even realize you had a question.

Garypowell

BVK,

Going on 3 years ago I put an apartment sized dish washer in my 3010RE. (Write up is here https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...asher-in-Kitchen-cabinet?highlight=dishwasher) Because of where it is located (backs up to a wall that is open to the basement) I was able to hook in the water and plumbing fairly easy. Had to use a christmas tree of adapters to get from PEX to the dishwasher but it might have been my limitation as a plumber. Hooking into the drain is even easier as it is more standard parts and sizes.

All of the plumbing connections are in my basement behind the wall. I put them all into a large plastic container and then put a leak detector ($10 big box store) so that if it ever leaked I would know about it quickly before any water actually hit the chip board. Being you'll make all of these connections under the sink again makes the process easier to find a leak....but you still might want to take some precaution.

Your biggest challenge will be the electrical. My guess is you'll have 110 volt around since there are plugs in the island. I think I understand that you probably have a fancier power management system and how that will play into this I don't know. It seems to me I have heard this "brain" can shut stuff off when it needs to. Now this might just be A/C systems but you will figure that out.

But even at beast you might not be able to wash dishes, make a pot of coffee, and toast your bread all at the same time. But again knowing this you can work around it.

In my case I had a circuit for a washing machine and a dryer. I put in a dual purpose unit on the wash circuit which left the dryer circuit with its own breaker. I still have the power to the washing/drying area for a future owner, but cut into it in the basement and ran a branch off to the dishwasher.

Some are concerned about gumming up the tank it is hooked to. And granted that grey tank has the worst indicator lights.....but who does not. When parked I leave the greys open until ready to flush the black tank....and have simply never had a problem.

Take some pictures as you go and share for the rest of us to see.

Oh, one other thing, if your drawers don't work with this dishwasher you can have custom drawers make fairly inexpensive. I think I used "Baker or Barker" I think in Washington state. I did not have a problem with the dishwasher project but in our island all of the drawers were very shallow. So I had them build me one that would take the place of two smaller ones and we get a lot more use out of it.

I also did this in the bedroom where the closet drawers were only like 12" deep. Had some made there were like 24 inches so now they extend into the cap area....but who cares it is wasted space and again it gives us a lot more usable drawer space.

We have enjoyed ours and other than one leak (detector told us) it has worked flawlessly.

Good luck

jbeletti

new owner of a 2016 Charleston , any problems with diy of a drawer dishwasher under sink

I believe all LM365 product is pre-plumbed and pre-wired for a dishwasher. Installing a Furrion unit should be easy. Installing a FisherPaykel may take some cabinet reworking.

I'm unsure of the date, but soon, all new LM365s will accept the FisherPaykel unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk