4200/4250 patio leg install

BLHFUN

Can anyone that has the patio leg on the 4200/4250 tell me how it's attached? I received mine today with no instructions or install kit. (Leg only) My questions is about the bolts/screws. I would assume that a compete pass through with lock washers would be the best install method for longevity. However the holes are very small, almost indicating a self tapping screw into the patio itself. Does the factory install use bolt/nut pass through or simply attach with self tapping screws?

bsackettkc

Can anyone that has the patio leg on the 4200/4250 tell me how it's attached? I received mine today with no instructions or install kit. (Leg only) My questions is about the bolts/screws. I would assume that a compete pass through with lock washers would be the best install method for longevity. However the holes are very small, almost indicating a self tapping screw into the patio itself. Does the factory install use bolt/nut pass through or simply attach with self tapping screws?
Hello. ..mine is attached with screws only. Nothing passing through the patio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BLHFUN

Hello. ..mine is attached with screws only. Nothing passing through the patio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming. I haven't taken it over to storage to look at it just yet - But from Pictures it looks like it's Mounted closest to the Paint on the Stainless trim - Maybe to hit a metal Stud inside and to stay away from the Seal trim? I hate drilling on the Outside.. Yuk!

Where are you in Missouri?

bsackettkc

No problem. I can get you some pictures if that will help. The location you said is exactly where it's at though. Not a fan of drilling on the outside or inside!

I'm in Holden, about 1.5 hours southeast of Kansas City. You're closer to the St. Louis side right?

BLHFUN

Springfield, Missouri for us, so just south by about 1.5 hours of you. Appreciate the feedback on the leg. They had to replace my patio and I don't want to go through that again. Hoping the support will eliminate any possibilities of another failure. Are you going to the June ralley in Platte City? Lory and I will be there Thursday through Sunday.

Thanks again!

Jim-Lynn

Bart; I have a pic of the way Heartland installed mine. The screws they are the standard ones they use throughout the rig - 4 black metal 1" screw.
I hope this will help you

Jim

20160215_123508.jpg

BLHFUN

Bart; I have a pic of the way Heartland installed mine. The screws they are the standard ones they use throughout the rig - 4 black metal 1" screw.
I hope this will help you

Jim

View attachment 42960

Perfect! I didn't expect the small black screws, but the pre drilled holes are very small. It also has adhesive on the back to assist with the hold. Putting it on tomorrow.

Thanks for the input guys!

bsackettkc

So pretty much in the same area, good to know. Wife and I have talked about maybe trying to get time off from work to go to that one since it is so close.

Brad

ndmac

Can any on provide me with some ordering information. I would like to get one of these for my 4200.

BLHFUN

No comparison - The LEG makes the Patio extremely sturdy and is very easy to install. Any Patio that doesn't have the leg is going to be replaced at some point - in my opinion. Night and Day difference and well worth the investment.

ndmac

No comparison - The LEG makes the Patio extremely sturdy and is very easy to install. Any Patio that doesn't have the leg is going to be replaced at some point - in my opinion. Night and Day difference and well worth the investment.

That is good news. Ours always had a bow in the middle even if we sat near the support cables.

We are getting an replacement patio door in the next week or so and I want to install it with new door. (Kudo's to Heartland and LCI - Great companies to work with)

I believe it will resolve the problems we had.

Thanks

im_1406

Ordered and installed last weekend. For a while I did not have it hard mounted.....just kept it in the basement during storage. Finally installed (should have done that from the beginning). Huge difference in stability. The back patio does not seem to be an issue in comparison.

Jim-Lynn

Unrelated topic on patio leg. Can anyone tell me - on the REAR ramp door - do you have a rubber seal either on the door - or on the rig?
I have just had my rear ramp door replaced & noticed I do not have a seal around the door, I am sure the old one had a rubber seal. I contacted the dealer & they say the rear door does not have a seal and not required. I have hauled the trailer back from the dealer in the rain and nothing inside was wet, just does not look correct to me. I have had the side patio replaced as well, & the rubber seal in on the patio.

Jim

im_1406

There is a rubber seal on my ramp. Will try an post a photo later.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgYou can see here in my sideways photo there is a seal.

Last edited: