Tie down D-rings in garage now welded solid

MurrayN.

I just finished mounting my motorcycle wheel chock in the garage of my new 2016 Torque 321 and couldn't be happier with how it all worked out. After crawling underneath the trailer and taking down the back section of the plastic sheeting, I was able to find the steel structures under the floor and bolt my chock through both the floor and through the steel cross-members and the steel that runs lengthwise in the rv. Once I was done this I removed one of the floor anchors that was installed at the factory. I remember reading a comment in the past of people complaining about the ring itself splitting and pulling away from the anchor. The anchors now installed by Heartland are welded at the back for a continuous ring of steel now. I got my full size touring bike in the garage now and it is rock solid in the chock and with the tie downs. Absolutely no wiggle when you push side-to-side on the bike. Can't wait for summer to come now!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Nice job !! Piece of mind in priceless.
In my toy-hauler garage over the last 10 years I had a verity of cargo, Quads, Dirt bikes, Razor, BBQ pits, Bicycles, You name it. I never knew what configuration would be next. So I installed 3 full runs of E-Track front to rear and had 10 or 12 of the movable rings. I could move them to anywhere they were needed. I had a ton of self tappers going through the floor and bolts with nuts and washers into every cross member.
Sorry no pictures :(

MurrayN.

I am familiar with the E-track as I load many highway dry vans and secure most loads with this type of equipment. I read about this in a toy-hauler garage a while back but had forgotten about it. For now we are going to use our garage as our main eating area so I'm trying to keep my floor clear of things that people will stub their toes on. I even made my mc chock quickly removable with fixed receiver points underneath the trailer to spin the bolts into. Thanks for the info though.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya the E-track is definitely a trip hazard. I had a full size roll of indoor outdoor carpet I rolled over it. But if your only hauling the Harley you have the better set up right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

I used the Pingel removable chocks. We also put down a piece of carpet to cover the rubber flooring. It has holes cut in it for the chocks and is thick enough the mounts don't protrude above it. I plan on putting E-Track down each side but not in the middle. Sooner or later.....