Crazy Idea

tcbrady

At this point we do not have any plans of building a front living room in a BIGHORN. If we continue to hear comments that it desirable among retail customers then we'll always consider it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't remember if it was Montana or Open Road that offered a front LR. BUT! I looked at the hitch weight for them and thought it was way too heavy if you consider how much the hitch weight goes up when you get your rig loaded for use.

Shadowchek

We had some friends that had one it was pretty cool we also saw a new sob with the sky kitchen living room combo it was also pretty cool but over all I like my rear window in the Living room. I would think that axel placement would be the key to the pin weight issue. Nice Idea though. I wouldn't buy one but love to see a big horn like that. How about getting really crazy and leaving the bedroom the way it is and raising the living room with underneath storage to take some weight off of your pin and you could load even more stuff than you should. Now that would be a funny looking fiver going down the road lol. Wouldn't do much for the aerodynamics either. Just a fun thought.

Jimmyt5

Wilderness some years ago had a front LR. After thinking how cool it was I started to think of how many times I would be up and down the steps, beer, coke,chips,pot,etc.......I stopped looking.....

Jim

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Front LR - BIG HORN

A friend of ours still has his 1993 PROWLER REGAL with the front LR. Sorta nice when you want to keep your eyes on what the neighbors are doing...:p

He repainted the outside of his to "update" it. When he saw our new BH-3055, his eyes liked to fall out of his head. All he could say was "SWEEEETTTTT"....

On our first trip a couple of weeks ago, I can't tell you how many people came in for a tour. Everyone loves the floorplan and how spacious it is. We can hardly wait for our next trip........

BJ'sDad

The older Montanas and Fleetwood models I saw with the front living room all placed the "stool room' door right next to the dinette.. not a good idea IMO. If they had put in an enclosed bathroom in the rear bedroom with the door opening into the bedroom they might have sold a lot more units. And they did have a rather high pin weight as did the front kitchen models that Fleetwood had (although I prefered the front kitchen idea). I liked the idea of sitting up higher at the dinette or table with a nicer view.

My question about the BH is why you have 2 models of rear entertainment center floorplans so closely modeled after one another? Why not have one with an enclosed bath with a 3670 style kitchen?
Maybe the bigger question I have is, why a rear entertainment floorplan in the Sundance and 2 in BH yet none in the BC's?

sgtbigb

Front Living room

My last 5vr was a Fleetwood with front living rm. Really like the floor plan and especially the shower in the rear with no height restrictions.None Toliet was in wrong place. I would difinity consider a BH with this floor plan. As for as the weight I do not thiink it was a issue. The quality of the fleetwood was less than desired!:(

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
My question about the BH is why you have 2 models of rear entertainment center floorplans so closely modeled after one another? Why not have one with an enclosed bath with a 3670 style kitchen?
Maybe the bigger question I have is, why a rear entertainment floorplan in the Sundance and 2 in BH yet none in the BC's?

That's kinda what I'd like to see. Rear entertainment and side aisle bath....... Like the Montana 3665RE hint, hint.

How about the Cyclone 3914 bath, Bighorn 3580RL Kitchen and the 3600/3400 RE entertainment center

Wanna knock 'em dead at the RV show.......Wala......... My Landmark Pineclone / Bighorn 3584RE Floorplan.

3584RE.jpg

tcbrady

pmmjarrett/BJ'sDad,
I like your ideas here! You might have something going with that mock up floorplan (i just printed it and I'm going to get with our engineer).

We just scheduled a proto 3410RE that comes off-line at the end of the month. Fully enclosed bath and an open feel (see attached). BIGHORN will be in full production of the floorplan around Sept. 15. I'll get pictures to Jim Beletti as soon as they are available. Let me know your thoughts.
thanks, Coley

Admin: Added JPG image - same as the PDF

Attachments

• 3410RE_Ink (1).pdf
    86.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 3410RE.jpg
    3410RE.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:

BJ'sDad

I like them both, but I do have one tiny pet peeve I'd like to share if that's OK.

If it were up to me, I'd prefer just the one sliding door in the hallway to access the bathroom. If I had one of this type flooplan, the second door in the bathroom would normally remain closed anyways. Replace the second door with a wall and move the pocket door over to the hall. Then use the enclosed corner of the bath for a nice linen closet, the bathrooms are plenty large enough to put the linen closet inside the bath. Personally I'd prefer to have my towels close by the place I need them even if it meant I'd have to take a few extra steps to get inside the bathroom from the bedroom. The linen closet area in the bedroom could be used for extra personal item storage. Maybe even an open closet for fishing poles, and other items such as upright vacuums, brooms etc...maybe even a pull out laundry hamper built into the closet?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Coley,
Nice layout, I really like that solid hinged door for the top of the stairs just past the door for the bathroom. This may be something for Linda and I to consider adding to our Augusta. Much nicer than the flimzy accordion door. Thanks for the info.

Mark

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Man! Where else can a bunch of regular folks sit around and put together new floor plans? And...have the factory big-wheels comment and ask for other opinions? Is this a great company???!!!

BJ'sDad

My problem is, I've got a ton of ideas but no one will let me make a living using them....LOL
I could think up a huge list of little items that would make for nice options to have on a trailer....some of them have never been used as far as I know.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
IMHO a nice door to the bedroom is a must have on upper end fifth wheels. I think the curtains are cheesy and have crossed the floor plans with the curtains off my list.

3410RE Just made my list. I like it.... Now if I can get my own floor plan into production I'd place the order tomorrow:D No Kidding!!!

Being able to communicate with reps at Heartland and the reputation for taking care of customers has sold me on the company. And I did call them to see how easy it was to get a human on the line already too;)

I have some ideas for a sectional/modular type of floor plan where a customer could pick the type bath, kitchen and living area they want that would basicly use the same 3 - 4 slide base plans on 2 or 3 different chassis and end up with probably the most floor plans of any line in the market without driving up manufacturing costs.

Mr Brady,

What I did on the 3584RE plan was match the pics to the same width of the trailer to start copy and pasting in photoshop and simply shorten up the kitchen on the slide side to get the recliners in the 3580RL plan without altering the base plan or length of the 3580RL trailer. The Cyclone bathroom and steps are lined up right where the steps of the 3580RL were and fit perfectly without altering the bedroom. Took about 15 minutes to whip up that floorplan using parts mostly already in production.

Heck, ya need me to swing by the office when I get back in from out west delivering SOB:eek: toyhauler.

RangerRod

Oh my gosh I love this plan! Just when I think we have finally decided on one another one comes out. My wife went to Colo. Springs to look at the Sundance 3012 RE and loved the design but to have it in a Big Horn WOW!!!! I hope this won't be so heavy that my 3/4 Tv can handle it.

RangerRod
Looking for a camper
Dodge 2500 diesel 4X4 QC LB
Navigon GPS