Anyone Else See This Coming

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I read a year or two back about a Toyota diesel coming out, but no mention of a dually!

I wouldn't buy one the first year (old Michigan rule).

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nissan already has a cummins in their half ton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JanAndBill

Nissan already has a cummins in their half ton

Nissan and Toyota both came out with the Cummins V8 in 2016, but this is the first I've seen of a dually being offered. With 310 hp and 555 # torque it seems a little light in the 1 ton field. Early specs I saw rated it for trailers up to 12,500.

Kbvols

I think it looks pretty sharp. Like JohnD said I would give it some time before I would seriously consider. I have had both Toyota and Nissan trucks in the past and both were very well made and no issues ever with either brand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Salesman: So what is your tow vehicle?

Uneducated customer: I have a diesel duelly.

Salesman: Oh yeah you will be fine pulling this 16K trailer.

Uneducated customer: Great! Where do we sign?

Wow you guys are way off on this one the pics have been around since 2008. The truck is Toyota's concept Dully that never went into production due to the economy crash. The rumors have been around ever sense but as of now Toyota is not producing this truck or a Diesel Tundra and no plans for one in 2017 either.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I did a google search for 2017 Toyota Tundra diesel dually and got a couple more photos . . .

They looked photoshopped . . .

JanAndBill

Truth or fiction, I don't quite understand why Toyota hasn't entered the one ton market. Their heavy truck line Hino has been around awhile. Seems like it wouldn't be that much of a jump between the Tundra and a Hino.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If Toyota built a one ton Cummins with performance specs on-par with the big three, I would definitely consider buying one next time.

I have owned four Toyota (one Lexus) vehicles over the years. Sad to say, in my opinion they are head and shoulders above the big three in quality and reliability. (flame suit on) Trace

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

Dually with only 12500 tow. ?

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

DW_Gray

Since Nissan XD diesel was mentioned...

Nissan is way over-hyping this truck. Although it comes with the gooseneck hitch, one may be able to tow a double horse gooseneck trailer without exceeding the GVWR and GAWR with one or two horses inside. I don’t know how they come up with the unrealistic 12,300 towing capacity for gooseneck/5th wheel trailers when the max possible payload is only 2,091, and this particular style is not recommended for towing gooseneck trailers, etc. The Titan XD is only SAE J2807 compliant with the Class 4 Hitch.

Details here.