Cable at RV park not very good

redharleymn

I have cable TV at the RV park where we are staying. The service is not very good. Is there something that I would use to extend it to make the picture better?

I really don't want to purchase Direct TV or Dish at this time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Joe

Lynn1130

"extend it"? I am not sure what you mean by that but I have found that cable at most RV parks is less than watchable. Pretty much what is coming through the cable is what you get. You can try over-the-air with your antenna but in many places they have cable because they cannot receive more than one or two OTA and those are worse than their cable. Sorry but that is why most go to one of the Sat providers.

Garypowell

Sometimes a simple request and they will check it out.....could simply be a loose connection on their part.

You our could also ask neighbors how their reception is.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sometimes a simple request and they will check it out.....could simply be a loose connection on their part.

You our could also ask neighbors how their reception is.

Have you had good reception through the cable in the past, at other parks? I ask because to could be bad connections in the coach wiring.

I'd also check with neighbors, to see if it's just you or everyone.

pegmikef

I am assuming you have your OTA amplifier turned off (the OTA an cable signals will distort each other). Check the outlet on the pedestal as they are used so much they are often worn so you can't make good contact. Most parks will routinely replace the fitting if you ask.

wdk450

If all the suggestions above have been tried, and your problem is a snowy signal rather than no signal, I might have another answer for you. I was at a park where the park cable TV signal was snowy and had interference. I noted that the park signal F connector mounted on the service pedestal was white with water corrosion. I sprayed the park's F connector with Caig Cramolyn DeOxit electronic contact cleaner/restorer spray and saw an immediate dramatic improvement. This stuff is miracle juice for electrical connections. Here is a link to the Amazon listing for it:
http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-De...F8&qid=1455593892&sr=1-1&keywords=caig+deoxit

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You might also run a coax directly from the pedistal to the back of the TV . . . this will tell you if it is in the trailer or from the park.

That was how I found out that our issue was in the trailer somewhere.

Our Prowler had two issues from the factory on the cable line . . .

First off . . . the outside cable connection was connected to the OUTPUT of the first splitter in the basement and the connection for the outside TV was connected to the INPUT of the same splitter.

Secondly . . . the splitter in the entertainment center was being shorted out by the coax antenna plug from the AM/FM/Stereo/CD/DVD player.

When I unplugged the stereo from that coax connection . . . the cable reception was perfect!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You might also run a coax directly from the pedistal to the back of the TV . . . this will tell you if it is in the trailer or from the park.

That was how I found out that our issue was in the trailer somewhere.

Our Prowler had two issues from the factory on the cable line . . .

First off . . . the outside cable connection was connected to the OUTPUT of the first splitter in the basement and the connection for the outside TV was connected to the INPUT of the same splitter.

Secondly . . . the splitter in the entertainment center was being shorted out by the coax antenna plug from the AM/FM/Stereo/CD/DVD player.

When I unplugged the stereo from that coax connection . . . the cable reception was perfect!

This was going to be my suggestion also. Run a direct cable from pedestal to a TV. see what you get.