busted2341 (Frank) gets a new light switch

jbeletti

While having a great time at the 2016 Texas Sweetheart Rally this past week, I got the chance to meet and get to know Heartland Owners Club members, Frank and Dawn (busted2341).

Frank had mentioned the inconvenience of having to open the cabinet doors to the control panel to switch on most lower level interior lighting. I asked him if he'd be interested in having the ability to switch two lighting circuits from the wall, outside of the cabinet. Frank said "yes" :)

I grabbed a few items, Lou D in tow as well and off to Frank and Dawn's we went. Twenty minutes later - viola!

Thanks Lou D for assisting and thanks Frank for jumping in to strip wire and crimp terminals.

This is a pretty straight forward project for anyone with basic skills. Happy camping Frank and Dawn!
Frank (busted2341).jpg Dual DC Light Switches - Installed.jpg

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
While having a great time at the 2016 Texas Sweetheart Rally this past week, I got the chance to meet and get to know Heartland Owners Club members, Frank and Dawn (busted2341).

Frank had mentioned the inconvenience of having to open the cabinet doors to the control panel to switch on most lower level interior lighting. I asked him if he'd be interested in having the ability to switch two lighting circuits from the wall, outside of the cabinet. Frank said "yes" :)

I grabbed a few items, Lou D in tow as well and off to Frank and Dawn's we went. Twenty minutes later - viola!

Thanks Lou D for assisting and thanks Frank for jumping in to strip wire and crimp terminals.

This is a pretty straight forward project for anyone with basic skills. Happy camping Frank and Dawn!
View attachment 42974 View attachment 42975

JB,

Can you list the items used I would like to do this mod also. Did you have to change both switches to Double Pole or did you just move the single pole to the outside of the cabinet?

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When I did that mod on my Bighorn I just added the two new switches and wired them to the old switches. I had to replace the spade connections on the wires leading to the old switches so that I could put two wires into them.
Both the new and old switches are then active.
So the materials required were 8 spade connectors, some wire and two switches and a couple of screws to secure the new switches.
Don't know how Jim did it but this is what worked for me.
All parts came from the JB Overstock Basement Warehouse. :)

Peace
Dave

busted2341

Thanx to Both Lou and Jim...Had a blast, met some great folks and started our rally events all in our first Rally trip. Look forward to more. Thanx to Jim, The Wife says I have now become dangerous with projects in mind!!!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Already loving my new switches what a difference it made not having to open the cabinet to turn the lights on
9caffba31bb0043423fde30ba5e42419.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Talk about. I wonder if I could get some service from the Jim Beletti shop at the Louisiana rally too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Talk about. I wonder if I could get some service from the Jim Beletti shop at the Louisiana rally too?

He'll be next to me in Quanah, guess I need to find a project I need done!

jbeletti

Thanx to Both Lou and Jim...Had a blast, met some great folks and started our rally events all in our first Rally trip. Look forward to more. Thanx to Jim, The Wife says I have now become dangerous with projects in mind!!!!

Frank - it was my pleasure to meet and get to know you and Dawn better. And small projects like we did together are fun and functional. See you down the road new friend.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
NE Region Rally, New Holland. Get your Jim B. install list ready.

I think one day a weekend at Rallies we should have a "MOD" day where there is a list of owners that want small MODS done and where the experienced owners help do such a thing, "BRILLIANT, I say.":cool: