ATF: Edge - Garage HVAC

danemayer

Hi mills1488,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Heat registers are typically on the floor. Air conditioning ducts are typically on the ceiling.

On toy haulers, it's quite common for the heat registers to put out lukewarm air due to the distance from the furnace. Many people supplement with ceramic disc or other types of heaters.

If you're not getting any air out of the floor registers, you may have something blocking airflow - perhaps a kink in the duct work.

hboy1

I don't have an Edge, but thought I would chime in.

I have the Road Warrior. There are no heat vents in the garage. I have only 3 heat vents in the camper (living/kitchen/bathroom). I do have the a/c in the garage which has a heat strip in it. This is the only heat source in the garage. It's essentially an electric space heater. It's pretty loud and not sure someone sleeping on the top bunk would get much sleep.

The 2 vents you have are a/c ducts if they are in the ceiling. You can turn on thermostat on fan mode to circulate air throughout the camper if you want to get heat in the garage that way. Most folks have more success using a small propane heater like the mr. heater.

weekender01

I have 2 HVAC registers in my E357 garage. Heat doesn't seem to come out of them. Are they only used for A/C?

I do not have the Edge, but have a Torque 321 with 2 AC units. You should have some vents in the ceiling in the garage and those are your AC vents. If you have any vents low on the wall they will be your furnace vent. As others have said the furnace is usually a long way from the garage so it will be lukewarm air at best by the time it hits the garage. We used a small portable heated this weekend set on 60 degrees and it kept the garage comfortable at night when the lows hit the low 30's.

If you have no air flow make sure the vent lines have not become disconnected or are kinked. You may have to drop your underbelly to see this.