Tips for selling our RV

bignoggins

Hey all,

We are looking to sell our RV and wanted to get some tips from the community. It's a pretty new unit (2016 Landmark 365 Arlington). We've full timed in it for 3 months but due to some life circumstances we need to sell it. Since we are full timing we don't have anywhere to park it and show the unit other than an RV park.

Some questions I had are:

1) Should we sell ourselves or get a dealer to sell on consignment?
2) What price can we realistically expect on a new unit that we've used for 3 months (as a % of the new MSRP)
3) How long does it take to sell a unit like ours typically? If longer than a few months then we would need to find somewhere to park the thing and show it?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Best
Jerry

BudnDonna

We are interested in a fairly loaded Arlington so be sure to list it here or contact me. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Jerry - sorry to hear you have to sell your new Arlington already. Life does throw curves though.

The Arlington is not in great supply yet, so I'd think the demand out there for it now will help you move it pretty quickly. I have no idea what you should expect for it but it it were me, I'd try to get 90% of what I paid for it. A private sale is what will be best for you. Wishing you all the best.

kbbagshaw

We sold our 5 year old Big Country thru PPL. Took 6 months but we were very happy with what we got for it in comparison to trading it in when we bout the Cyclone.

GOTTOYS

Tried to sell our Big Country last Summer. Priced it several thousand below low NADA retail and less than any others i found on the internet. Listed it it on Craigs, RV Trader, Heartland owners website, RVT and a couple smaller sites. Didn't get a single call except for the usual bottom feeders that wanted to "list it" for me...I think it all depends on the market in the area you are trying to sell it in as well as how much you are asking vs: what the "wholesalers" are selling them for. In my opinion expect to take a literal beating on it price wise. The unit I wanted to buy when I had mine listed for sale was an absolute give away. They were asking nearly $20,000 bless than the NADA retail and it still took them months to sell it. Unfortunately I am not in a position to own two of them and lost out. Resale on a used RV in my opinion is very poor..Good luck with your sale.