Should I be Concerned?

Aandaar

Hello All

While I was washing and waxing the rig this weekend I found what seems to be 3 delamination bubbles. Should I be concerned? If so how do I get this fixed?

Any info is appreciated.

busted2341

As I wash washing mine yesterday, in 80 degree weather in San Antonio Texas, I too noticed a blemish or dark spot on the entertainment slide. I thought it was just ground in dirt but after srubbing and using some cleaner on it, it will not go away. Not sure what the next step is.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Both of you should take some pix of the areas. Call HL service and be ready to send the pix to them. They should be able to recommend a cure.

danemayer

Hello All

While I was washing and waxing the rig this weekend I found what seems to be 3 delamination bubbles. Should I be concerned? If so how do I get this fixed?

Any info is appreciated.

Delamination is almost always caused by water intrusion. First thing to do is inspect the roof, all seams, all fixtures, all lights, all windows, etc. to find possible sources of water intrusion.

Aandaar

Delamination is almost always caused by water intrusion. First thing to do is inspect the roof, all seams, all fixtures, all lights, all windows, etc. to find possible sources of water intrusion.

I have checked the roof and all looks well up their, these bubbles are like mid-way down the outside walls. I will take some photos tonight and post them. Once I have those I will also contact Heartland.

Aandaar

So not able to get photos until the weekend. Just to dark when I get home. Will update on Saturday.

Aandaar

So I finally got pictures, you can see two of them but the third, I just could not get a good picture of it. What do you all think?

Bubble1.jpgBubble2.jpgBubble3.jpgBubble4.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
So I finally got pictures, you can see two of them but the third, I just could not get a good picture of it. What do you all think?

View attachment 43036View attachment 43037View attachment 43038View attachment 43039

Looks to me like there is a possibility of water intrusion especially on the one by the edge of the side. I would recommend calling Heartland Customer Service to see if they can help. Water can travel a long way so check all of the rig for caulking issues.

Aandaar

I have a service appointment already schedule for the end of next week to have other warrenty work completed. Do you think I should call Heartland first or just add it to the fix stuff and let the dealer service center work it out?

Aandaar

Just got off the phone with HL customer service and spoke with a very nice guy by the name of Joshua Chipps, sent him the photos and it will be covered by warranty. Will take it in on Friday and add this to the list. Thank you all for the advice.

Aandaar

So update on my sidewall delamination issues.

I am really starting to understand some people's issues with dealerships and service departments.

I really wish the RV industry would start working like the car industry.

If it is covered by warranty then it should be done. I as the customer shouldn't have to wait around while the dealership figures out how much they want to charge Heartland for the work and Heartland then says no try again.

I am basically stuck now in a bid negotiations for labor between the two.

This frustrating. Hopefully they will resolve it soon and we will get our unit back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

brianlajoie

You should consider using an independent RVIA/RVDA certified RV tech. Ask them about warranty work. HL has to pre-approve all work. Remember, HL is paying for the work to be done - not the dealer. If you are having second thoughts just talking to the dealer, I would run away.

Aandaar

Heartland has been awesome in this process and we are working well together.

Dealership service center normally have been very good to work with.

Since this is basically body work the service center is saying it will take this many hours to repair and paint. Heartland is saying no it should only take this long.

If they can not come to an agreement then Heartland and I both agree we will pull the unit out and take it to someone they recommend.

Aandaar

UPDATE

Received word yesterday that our sidewall delamination work has been approved by Heartland. Now that only took a month.

I can't complain about HL customer service Joshua Chipps has been awesome.

Dealer Service center on the other hand has shall we say been less than efficient.

I truly believe that if I had not taken the lead on this and daily/weekly pushed them we would still be waiting on them to find there &@$ with both hands.

All i have to say is when dealing with dealer service politely GET INVOLVED.

Shirkster

UPDATE

Received word yesterday that our sidewall delamination work has been approved by Heartland. Now that only took a month.

I can't complain about HL customer service Joshua Chipps has been awesome.

Dealer Service center on the other hand has shall we say been less than efficient.

I truly believe that if I had not taken the lead on this and daily/weekly pushed them we would still be waiting on them to find there &@$ with both hands.

All i have to say is when dealing with dealer service politely GET INVOLVED.

wow, a 2016 with delamination issues would scare me. I had forgotten to mention in my orig post that the trim across the back of our Elkridge was installed upside down and obviously the point of water entry. However, all the delam going on near every opening, reflectors, lights, fridge door, belly doors...also has the bubbles. Almost like it was never sealed. In our case, if you read my previous threads, we bought this used, only used 5 times and stored. And it is a 2011 model so we are responsible for repairs, but at this rate, we won't have any skin left on our rv. My husband is very pro/pre maintenance but very disappointed in the initial workmanship on this unit. Good luck with your repairs.

- - - Updated - - -

mlpeloquin

I read your post on the 2011 delaminating issue. A rig that is five years old stored inside or not would have hardened caulking with hairline cracks. One good rain and water gets in. If you then caulk it without letting it dry out for a week with the sun beating on it, you trap the water in and it has no where to go. You cannot blame any manufacture for it. I had a class C motor home purchased from my sister. She had it covered and hardly used it. The first thing I did was inspect the caulking which is referred to as pointing. I had to remove all the pointing and re do it. Big job, but i never got water into it. Every spring and fall I go over every inch closely. Any small hard to see hairline crack bottom or top edge of the pointing is found by pushing up, down, an in. I remove all the pointing in that area using a good sharp knife and hook and several inches beyond and then re-point it. I did this for the class C and now for my Big Horn. I had two neighbors bidding for the Class C when I went to sell it because they saw how I maintained it.