Louisville/Fort Knox

LINKn8r

Does anybody have a favorite campground or a campground "to avoid" in the Louisville/Ft. Knox (Kentucky) area? Looking to go the second week of July.

Any input is greatly appreciated,
Steve

jbeletti

If I recall correctly, in the Louisville area but "just" across the river in Clarksville, IN is a KOA. By what was Stinnet RV. Anyway - VERY close to an active train line. Asphalt roads and pads. Inner sites have no grass. Gravel between site pads. Okay for an overnight but I would not stay there for days.

Jim

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
If I recall correctly, in the Louisville area but "just" across the river in Clarksville, IN is a KOA. By what was Stinnet RV. Anyway - VERY close to an active train line. Asphalt roads and pads. Inner sites have no grass. Gravel between site pads. Okay for an overnight but I would not stay there for days.

Jim

I was there for a week a couple of years ago...and they charged for EVERYTHING even morning coffee. Sewer was $7 a day...cable was a $2 a day. They did watch my cat for me.

Jburks

We stayed at a KOA in Shepherdsville on Rt 44, it is about 1 1/2 miles east of interstate 65 on the right. It is a pretty nice location, the staff was really good to work with, it was very clean and quite.