Artic package

There is an artic package which contains dual pane windows, heat strips for the holding tanks and extra insulation in the floor and roof listed as an option in the downloaded brochure This package is not listed in the brochure that I got at the Hershey show, only dual pane windows.
Which is correct?
If there is an artic package, what are the R-values for the floor and roof with it?

tcbrady

We have an option for dual pane windows. The extra insulation in the floor in roof is a standard option with each BIGHORN. R-24 in floor, R-23 in roof, R-9 in sidewalls (you'll note this insulation is great than any other product in the same price point). Heat strips for the holding tanks is not an option direct from the factory at this time but we may offer it in the future.

C

Chulinw

I was in Chicago when they had the first snow this year and the double pain windows and heat strips would have been great to have installed.My question is about the heat strips for the tanks can you get them installed as extra protect since it is not available when my unit was made. Tks and look for a reply.

SmokeyBare

We are camped near Atlanta Georgia for the months of November and December. The nights of 12/8 through 12/10. We had a sharp drop of temperatures each night. It would be around 17 Degrees Each morning at daybreak. The Day time temperatures were in the mid 30's.

The first night was a windy and cold night. It did freeze the supply line from the fresh water tank to the Water Pump. That

I took extra precautions by placing a small ceramic electric heater in the basement near the pump and opened the inspection hole in the side wall by the pump. No other freeze Up's after doing that.

All this done, and I am still able to heat this Bighorn with two small electric heaters, on in bedroom and other in Living room. I have only ran the Propane Furnace a very few times.

What I am saying? ... Thank You Hartland for making a very tight and well insulated Fifthwheel !!

J

jjjelm

We are spending this month down in Rodeo, NM ..way south on the AZ & NM stateline where the nights are in the high 20S to mid 30S....we are running a small electric heater on med. in the livingroom with the sliding door to the bedroom closed and the furnace set on 72 degrees....the furnace comes on toward morning but the living room is nice and warm in the early mornings...we sleep under a down comforter in the bedroom. We disconnect the outside hose at night and have not had anything freeze. We are very pleased with the BHs heating system and insulation. The only thing we wished we'd ordered were the dual pane windows which would have helped on these cold nights. Super nice R.V. park here..Rusty's R.V. Ranch ...6 miles north of Rodeo on highway 80...gorgeous area at the base of the Chiracahua Mountains!!