Bedroom Window design

Mr.D

Most newer models have a Large Bedroom window on the side.....why??? That window takes out needed drawers and/or cabinets that are more beneficial then a Bedroom Window. I don't know anyone that leaves that window open. Shades are always pulled at night. When was the last time you saw someone just sitting in the Bedroom during the day and looking out at the view??? Many of us would really rather have the extra storage. Please consider!!

danemayer

Is that window the emergency exit? In a fire, you might appreciate a larger emergency exit window.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is that window the emergency exit? In a fire, you might appreciate a larger emergency exit window.

Yes, emergency window! Love our big window. I am a little paranoid when it come to fire, so having an escape route in case of fire is important to me. I always worried about having to climb over our dresser to exit the window in our previous rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Most newer models have a Large Bedroom window on the side.....why??? That window takes out needed drawers and/or cabinets that are more beneficial then a Bedroom Window. I don't know anyone that leaves that window open. Shades are always pulled at night. When was the last time you saw someone just sitting in the Bedroom during the day and looking out at the view??? Many of us would really rather have the extra storage. Please consider!!

X2 on the large emergency escape window.
And we do open that window for ventilation from time to time. Also if we're parked with the doorside to the east, this country boy likes to see the mother star rise in the morning and hear the songbirds sing!!! Best part of the day IMO!!

Diamondjim

I've seen comments on cutting a proper length of PVC pipe to have near by to prop this emergency window open should you NEED to make a quick exit (hope never have to do this)!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
IMO if it's a life or death emergency, that or any window is sacrificial. I'm going through it one way or the other. Screw it!!!

happykraut

I don't know anyone that leaves that window open.
If you happen to come to the Vegas rally, I'd be happy to meet you. Then you can say 'Now I've met somebody that leaves their bedroom window open'. The wife wouldn't have it any other way.

pday1213

It would be a good jump from the bottom of window to the ground, about 6 ft or higher, but I would be alive and not burnt :)

guyc66

If fire and/or smoke conditions ever get to a point that prevents you making it to the front door (typically 20' or less distance from furthest point) you probably won't survive anyway. Sure, there is always a chance, but when flames are licking your backside you would be surprised how quick you will go head first thru any sized window. I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt.....not in a RV, but the same rules apply. Now for those that prefer the extra light in the bedroom, etc. I can see your point. Anyway, your best defense to survive a fire is good smoke detectors that will alert you in the beginning stage of the fire so you can quickly make it to an exit door.

mlpeloquin

We like the natural sun light and the dogs love to look out that window! Larry the fire guy says if the dogs are in the bedroom throw them out ASAP and jump. You can find your dogs after. A fire in a fifth wheel moves at a foot or two every second. How much time do you need to get out? Window please!