Elkridge 39MBHS

Efestian

We are considering buying a 2016 Elkridge 39MBHS. We are currently in a toss-up between it and a Prime Time Sanibel 38QB. We can get the Elkridge for a few thousand less than the Sanibel and the Elkridge comes with a vented washer/dryer, double pane windows and 6 point jacks. The Sanibel has no washer, single pane windows and 4 point. I am wondering what your thoughts are on the quality of the Elkridge. is it considered a more "high-end" unit in terms of features, quality and styling or mid-range. How do you think it compares to the Sanibel line?

your thoughts are very much appreciated.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
My personal opinion is yes. Last summer when we were deciding on a new rig the Sanibel was on our final list of rigs we were considering. The Elkridge was also on our list. We were lucky in that we only had a 30 minute drive to see all of the models we had on our list so pros and cons were fresh in our minds.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The ElkRidge was, when it first came out in 2009, the 4th in the line of Heartland products-- Landmark; Bighorn; Big Country; ElkRidge.

Since then, HL introduced brands in between Big Country and ElkRidge--
Oakmont and Gateway.

However, all of the lines have received more standard features and amenities over time, so they are all far nicer than 5-6 years ago.

The ElkRidge you described has some very nice features, not available previously. It also depends on how you plan to use it. If you are full-timing, the ER was not designed for that type of use, though we lived in ours for about 18 months.

If you are wanting a unit well suited for seasonal camping and longer trips, the ElkRidge is great, and fits the niche... very well-appointed and good quality for the price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk