CPAP Shelf

Diamondjim

We have a 2011 Greystone 32RL, so I'm not familiar with your bedroom layout.....but how different can they be? Our bedroom slide out has a built in "night stand" that intrudes into the front closet. So, I built a shelf to fit my ResMed machine and attached it to the back of that unit.
Since I hate working in tight spaces, I removed the actual shelf unit (a couple of screws in stud framing) and assembled the my shelf while it was sitting on the kitchen counter. Then re-assembled the "night stand" back into it's regular location.
I hooked two hoses together (= 12' hose) and plug machine into existing outlet under the "night stand".
Since the switch for the machine is NOW in the closet, I purchased an outdoor Christmas light remote (cheapest I could find $8) and plugged it in to the outlet and my machine into that device.
So there you have it. I have pictures, but they are on my phone. I will retrieve them and TRY to post them here.
The pictures may help explain what I did.....it works great, not noise for my wife to listen to etc. The existing shelf was not nearly large enough to suit the machine, which is not that big.
NOW, you may have an actual separate (semi-free standing night stand...in that case, you're on your own.
Good luck.
p.s. the one thing you'll notice in the photos which I've fixed, I had stained the new shelf, but not the back edge....it's now stained as well. AND there is enough of a lip on the shelf I made to keep the CPAP in place while traveling!

Attachments

• CPAP3.jpg
    CPAP3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 106
  • CPAP.jpg
    CPAP.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 108
  • CPAP2.jpg
    CPAP2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 100

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
My 2015 Newport came with a shelf attached to the frame of the bedroom slideout. It's the perfect size for my CPAP. I'd contact Heartland Customer Service and see if you can get a shelf from them.

CPAP Shelf.jpg

danemayer

Our 2011 Rushmore came with a shelf next to the bed that I used for glasses and TV remote. I ordered a 2nd shelf from Heartland Parts for the CPAP.

Attachments

• 2012-12-18 13.53.13 BR Shelf Installed.jpg
    2012-12-18 13.53.13 BR Shelf Installed.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 72

MTPockets

I just looked at the title and thought it said "Crap" shelf, as in Junk drawer or Junk shelf and clicked on it cause I thought to myself "now that would be helpful"... Sorry I misread.

Thanks for the answers so far! Additional info on my rig. It is a 2014 Bighorn 33RK. It has a east-west king size bed slide. We went to the local RV Show yesterday and notice rigs with pre installed CPAP shelves. That is what is driving my interest. We currently put the CPAP on the floor - not very convenient. Also, had to run 12V to the bed.

Lynn & Cassie

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Love the CPAP coloring, where did you find this one?

It is USMC "skin" I purchased on line. I don't remember the name of the company (I'll look and see if I can't find it) but I think I googled "CPAP skin" or CPAP wrap" to find it originally. You can get all kinds of pictures and college logos to wrap your CPAP in.

I just went on-line and looked it up. The company is called Skinit and their web site is skinit.com. There are tons of designs to choose from. Keith

mlpeloquin

I made a small table that I set my C-Pap on next to the bed. I now have a new one and it is so small that I just set it on the bed below the small window under the small narrow decretive shelf. I plug it into the 115V socket located on the side of the bed platform. There are two 115V sockets, one on each side of the bed frame. No need to run 12V battery power unless you are going to dry camp.