Transmission

Aussiecat

Thanks Dave, I actually stumbled on this after I posted and it answered my question or more importantly, it was able to convince the DW as to why I wanted to outlay an extra 2.5 g's.

Bones

As one who had the 68RFE and now has the AISIN. I would go with the AISIN. The tranny shifts a whole lot better and smoother and seems to handle things overall better. When I had the 68RFE it would shift extremely hard and make me think it was going to break something. It would tow but it worked hard to do it. I don't see the same things happening to the AISIN tranny. It does have an occasional hard shift but no where near the other one.

DW_Gray

As one who had the 68RFE and now has the AISIN. I would go with the AISIN. The tranny shifts a whole lot better and smoother and seems to handle things overall better. When I had the 68RFE it would shift extremely hard and make me think it was going to break something. It would tow but it worked hard to do it. I don't see the same things happening to the AISIN tranny. It does have an occasional hard shift but no where near the other one.

I concur. Mine occasionally shifts hard too. Sounds like I'm spinning the rear tires a bit. Seems to do it most often when I throttle it hard, like getting up speed leaving the on-ramp to the highway.