Bed Frame Hazard

EPaulikonis

I'm not sure about the Landmark365, but I know my Landmark Savannah has an electrical/fire hazard caused by operating the slide and design of the bed frame. The portion of the frame that sits on/near the floor on the lower portion of the slide is scraping the electrical connections for the motor and outlet that's run under the bed. I found a huge piece of the wire sheathing had been torn off by the bed frame wood through normal operation of the slide. I could see copper on the black side of the wire after 2-seasons of use. I plan to cut a notch in that section of the bed frame out, I'll also add something to smooth the edges of the board, to allow for additional clearance between the bed frame and wiring.

I'll add some photos after I get a chance to get back into the camper. WX turning colder here in OH, so it will be a few days before I post them.

sengli

I noticed when I had my bed frame apart last summer, there are alot of connections under there, for the AC outlets and well as the 12volt reading lights etc. Most of the connections are wire nutted together.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not really a new problem and it seemed to be dependent on who did the installation. Some have rerouted the wires and/or encased them in flexible plastic conduit to prevent a problem. That owners still have to inspect this area and take preventative actions is disconcerting.