ATF: Landmark - Entrance step courtesy light

Good morning, while this problem I have isn't an urgent matter as it has taken me almost four years to get around to querying you on the subject, I need to know where the switch is for the small courtesy light located under the steps at the entrance to the RV? The unit is a Landmark San Antonio built in May 2012 and purchased new. The light hasn't worked since purchase. Now, I have checked the bulb with a meter and all is well but when checking the socket there is no power. I have tried all switches at the command panel and in particular the porch/entry switch but no luck. The overhead porch and entry light work fine. I checked a friend's big country and it has a switch near the door which activates that light. Could it be that a switch wasn't installed at manufacturing or wiring not connected to porch switch? It is a bit puzzling and while I have ignored this for a long time I would like it fixed. I look forward to hearing from you.

mlpeloquin

Do you have a remote? I have a 2014 Big Horn and wondered where the switch was as well. It turns out that it is only controlled by the remote.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
On the 2012 - 2015 (non 365) all of the Landmarks and Bighorns were equipped with an LCI Remote which is the only way to control that light.

Rod

danemayer

Our 2011 Landmark has two rocker switches by the inside steps near the entry door. One to light the inside steps. The other to light the outside steps.

I'm not sure when the LCI remote went into production, so you might have the version that's controlled by the remote only.

mlpeloquin

My friend purchased a Big Country. He has a switch by the door. His remote turns the flood light on and off. It took about nine months before I put the bulb back in. It was on all the time and I could not figure out how to turn it off.