3950FB washer drain pan install

farside291

I have been thinking about how to plumb the drain pan in my front bath unit. Right now the washer is just sitting in the pan. I was wondering if I could drain it into the shower next to the washer/dryer closet using one of these and some PVC. What do you all think?
I don't think it would look bad and would be functional without drilling through the wall and floor.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 20

danemayer

Gray tanks sometimes fill up and water backs up into the shower pan. If you plumbed the washer overflow into that gray tank, you might find the washer drain pan filling up too. And depending on relative height, you might even spill water into the coach.

farside291

The washer is an all in one unit and will sit on an 8 inch pedestal when I get ready to plumb the drain pan. DW is tired of bending over to load and unload the washer/dryer. So, backflow into the drain pan wouldn't be an issue. Filling the grey tank if a line were to rupture is a factor to consider. We normally don't dry camp so my greys are almost always open. I am concerned about how it would look. Its almost a straight shot into the shower. I believe it would spark some comments from visitors using the front restroom. I would have to come up with some imaginative answers.