ATF: Prowler - Flaw in exterior finish

tbell

The first time I waxed the unit I noticed a wavey line in the fiberglass finish at the top 4" about 8' long on the drivers side top rear of the 5th wheel. It had to be viewed from a ladder at just the right angle to notice. The finish appears to be sagging from the application of the fiberglass topcoat material.(like it was sprayed on to heavy). I accepted it as a minor flaw and as since it wasn't to noticeable I didn't report it to my dealer. Now I have had the unit 1 year and 7 months and the issue has changed. Little pieces of topcoat material are popping off (spalling) at the low (heaviest) edge of the sagged material leaving exposed substrate. Some are 1/4" in size. See attached pictures. Have you encountered this before?

Attachments

• Prowler 1.jpg
    Prowler 1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Prowler 3.jpg
    Prowler 3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Prowler 2.jpg
    Prowler 2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 57

danemayer

Hi tbell,

Suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They'll want to see the pictures.

tbell

Contacted Heartland Customer Service. They said they have never seen anything like that before. Have to take the Unit to an authorized Heartland dealer for evaluation. Called and made an appointment to have it looked at. We'll know better then.