Meet Kaylah

BLHFUN

Thanks folks! Super excited for sure. Weekly pictures for the next 5 weeks, so get ready!

Jim-Lynn

Bart; you & Lory have some serious decisions to make - we always thought the 4200 was really great and spacious, especially with two adults - once Kaylah is full grown, that 4200 might be a little tight, that will be one big dog.
Good luck & really happy for you

BLHFUN

What kind of puppy...is that a Char-pei?

Labrador Retriever - Silver colored. That nose hasn't fully extended and she kind of looks like a Char-Pei doesn't she? Here is a Picture of her Older brother born Last year. Same Parents.

- - - Updated - - -

Bart; you & Lory have some serious decisions to make - we always thought the 4200 was really great and spacious, especially with two adults - once Kaylah is full grown, that 4200 might be a little tight, that will be one big dog.
Good luck & really happy for you

Pretty sure we just lost the garage!

Attachments

• SILVER.JPG
    SILVER.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 46

pegmikef

Very nice. Through the years we have had a lot of dogs, mostly large ones including shepsherds, labs (3 at one time) charpeis, Rotweiler mix and now a small beagle. Except for 1 of the charpeis and the beagle we raised the others from birth or six weeks. It was not until the last puppy (rotweiler mix) that we learned about using a cage. Sounds mean, but really works great from the start. We started Sadie in it at six weeks and fixed it so she had a sleeping area, water/food (moved this as she got older) and a papered area for her "accidents." She soon became very attached to the area even after she was fully trained and was an adult dog. Until the day she passed nine years later, this was her area. After a couple of months when she was housebroken we stopped locking it. She always had free roaming of the house, but at night when I turned the TV off she would get up from where ever she happened to be and would nose the door of the cage open and "go to bed." (although on cold nights she would later end up on our bed). My point is that in a somewhat confined area a cage might be useful especially when she's a puppy to give her a sense of security and a place of her own without having to use the whole garage area.

BLHFUN

Very nice. Through the years we have had a lot of dogs, mostly large ones including shepsherds, labs (3 at one time) charpeis, Rotweiler mix and now a small beagle. Except for 1 of the charpeis and the beagle we raised the others from birth or six weeks. It was not until the last puppy (rotweiler mix) that we learned about using a cage. Sounds mean, but really works great from the start. We started Sadie in it at six weeks and fixed it so she had a sleeping area, water/food (moved this as she got older) and a papered area for her "accidents." She soon became very attached to the area even after she was fully trained and was an adult dog. Until the day she passed nine years later, this was her area. After a couple of months when she was housebroken we stopped locking it. She always had free roaming of the house, but at night when I turned the TV off she would get up from where ever she happened to be and would nose the door of the cage open and "go to bed." (although on cold nights she would later end up on our bed). My point is that in a somewhat confined area a cage might be useful especially when she's a puppy to give her a sense of security and a place of her own without having to use the whole garage area.

We got her cage last week! The above story is Verbatim from what the breeder and Vet both told us to do. Start her young and it will make a lifetime of difference for all three of us. Thanks for sharing!

Jv75353

24 days old today. So excited! 5 more weeks of waiting.. :(

View attachment 43112

That will be a looong five weeks. Best wishes on your new family member and all of the adventures and memories you will have. The garage will be a great place for hanging out. We travel with 12 siberians and they really do fill up the garage.

Julian, Kimberly and the Sibetribe!

BLHFUN

We get to meet her in person next Saturday... Can't wait!

Attachments

• KAYLAH.jpg
    KAYLAH.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 42

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Don't know why, but none of the pictures are showing up on my iPhone. No problem with pics on previous posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLHFUN

Don't know why, but none of the pictures are showing up on my iPhone. No problem with pics on previous posts.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Let's do one at a time image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Cali
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

One more image.jpg