DVD player face glows when powered off.

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I just picked up my 181 and dropped a new deep cycle battery in an noticed that the DVD face is glowing with the unit powered off. Is this normal? I am worried about this drining my battery.

Your advice is appreciated.

danemayer

Hi ramblinman,

The DVD player is one of several "parasitic" loads that will drain your battery when in storage. A battery cutoff switch would be a good investment. Your local dealer may have them in their parts department.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I put a power strip in that cabinet to plug everything into. Then I can just flip the switch off whenever I'm dry camping. All of those devices draw power even while off.

mlpeloquin

Yep. A battery cut off switch is best. The my Big Horn came with one installed. When I had a class C, I install one in the engine compartment. Easiest way to shut everything down.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yep. A battery cut off switch is best. The my Big Horn came with one installed. When I had a class C, I install one in the engine compartment. Easiest way to shut everything down.

diffidently use the battery cut off if your not using the trailer. The power strip is for when I'm dry camping on invertor power.