Slider tore a hole in our floor lino.

judybuddy

The wood that slides on the floor when the slide out goes in or out tore our lino.

Ironically it tore it just a fraction of an inch before the slide out tips up and the wood comes off the floor.

The bottom on the wood is not tapered. The top is tapered to prevent you stubbing your toes.

The factory offered to repair it for us at one of their dealerships. I thanked them and chose to do it myself.

So for the time being it has been glued down with household goop.

I have filed a taper in the offending bottom corner of wood and it has passed its first test of sliding in and not ripping up the lino.

Enjoy the photos. The bits of Masonite are what I used as a buffer between the wood and the floor so I could get the slider in without further ripping the lino.

The glue job isn't perfect. But we'll see if it grows on us. If not, I'll remove all the kitchen cabinets, steps to the bedroom and install new lino.

Buddy

Attachments

• 20080519_001884 (Medium).JPG
    20080519_001884 (Medium).JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 20080519_001887 (Medium).JPG
    20080519_001887 (Medium).JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20080522_001945 (Medium).JPG
    20080522_001945 (Medium).JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 49

vangoes

Judybuddy,
The same thing happened to my 3055 on the first trip out. What was causing mine was the screws in the bottom of the slideouts was not countersunk and they were drilled in crooked causing a sharp raised edge. My dealer had to remove all the screws, countersink the holes and redrill then covered the screw heads with silicone. By the way, you may want to check all your slide bottoms. All of mine was bad, so it not only tore the lin....it was screading the carpets. Check the bottoms from the outside with the slides out.

judybuddy

Hi guys,
Thanks for your information. I will check under there. Sounds like your problem was a whole lot worse than ours.
We're heading up the the nortwest corner of Nevada on the Th June for some rock hounding and gold prospecting. Any tips or hot places to go?
Best regards,
Buddy