Living room conversion in 4114

RottsNScotts

Yes, I recently (August,2015) got my 4114 and am ready to modify the living room already! The 11' couch is pretty much useless for me; Boomer, not so much, as he likes to look out the windows!

So, I am scheduled in April to have the couch pulled. I am then going to put a 4' triangular desk in the corner by the fireplace for my computer, a swivel recliner roughly in the middle and a storage cabinet for my small appliances in the corner near the garage.

The company doing the remodel assures me I am well within whatever weight considerations there are and I fully expect Boomer will adjust to sitting in the recliner to look out the window 'cause he is a SMART dog LOL.

Anyone have any thoughts or tips before I finish jumping in???

Thanks!

Jv75353

Sounds like an interesting modification. The first thing that comes to mind is the swivel recliner. You definitely want to make sure that the chair can both swivel and recline without contacting the wall behind it. It must also sit solid on your slide out so it doesn't want to tip forward when you get in and out of it. Is your installer going to attach the recliner to the slide out floor? Good luck with you modifications post some pictures when your finished.