Bedroom emergency window.

gary81550

We recently purchased a Mallard M27 travel trailer. My question is " It has a screen on the window in the bedroom designated as an emergency exit, can it be opened for fresh air?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Not sure of the size of the window but yes, we open our bedroom window which is the emergency exit all the time. Our has a red handle that you take out of the cradle and push open.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You should try your emergency exit window to be sure you know how it works. It is hinged so it doesn't just fall out. The first time I tried to open ours it seemed to be stuck at the bottom (non-hinge side) and I had to tap it to free it. Would of hated for that to happen in an emergency.

TxCowboy

Good advice to check that emergency exit from time to time.

In the Key West, the emergency exit window is at the head of the bed (no headboard in the Key West). Opened the window a couple of weekends ago to capture the nice breeze and used that opportunity to check out the emergency egress ladder we had with our old Greystone.

We discovered that the ladder isn't compatible with the Key West -- there's no structure there for the ladder to grab on to. Needs at least four inches of depth or the ladder keeps sliding off the window frame and falling out of the window. Still working on how to address this issue as we have a VERY LONG drop to the ground out of the bedroom window because of the layout of the park slot that we're currently sitting in.