Sad is me

Grey Ghost

:confused: I have a 2011 GreyStone 29MK, purchased used, very good condition. However, over the years in the hot Arizona sun the entire unit is fading in color. The decals are faded to the point of down right ugly and the grey color on the sides and back are just sun bleached out. The front end cap was repainted a years ago and looks great however the rest of the unit is ugly. I wash and wax it at least twice per year, but it just doesn't seem to help much. Any suggestions other than purchasing a new unit. We love the GreyStone and would hate to trade it in, but it is getting to the point of embarrassing to pull into a nice RV Resort.

Oregon_Camper

How about having local auto body shop take off everything and do a custom paint job? Would have a one of a kind RV!!! Which you would be proud to pull into any RV Resort. Much cheaper than a new RV. :)

carl.swoyer

I agree full body automotive paint is much is much cheaper than the loss on the old rig and the cost of the new. Paint it! Then send pictures

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

Diamondjim

Grey Ghost

We feel your pain. Ours is a 2011 Greystone 32RL, and it's my understanding that UV inhibitors were not added to the mix of things, and thus the fading problems.
We bought this rig in NY state and are residents of FL, so the sun does shine down. Not looking forward to drastic measures to reserve the finish.
Rig is in awesome shape, but the finish "draining off the front" and running down everywhere is a big discouragement.
Good luck with your fix.