Thank you!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
As Memorial Day approaches, this former Army-brat wants to voice my appreciation to all current and former military service members! Without a doubt - you all are heroes! I personally can't express my sincere, heartfelt thankfulness near enough! :):cool:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
And, some of us old f*rts, thank you so very much for remembering those that did not come back. The only heroes are the guys on the black wall in DC. The rest of us were just very lucky.

SSG Lefty Frizzell
HHC 4/9th Infantry
RVN 1968-1969-1970-1971

Last edited:

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Thank you all you service men and women for your sacrifice may God bless you all and the USA TRAVELER07

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks HT. I guess if there's any good to come out of the current war it would be the attention that has been brought to our brave men & women of our Armed Forces.

cjbearden

Visitor
We are learning first hand what it means to have someone in the current conflict. Our Air Force son has just arrived in one of the major trouble zones (can't say for security reasons). We understand the why he has to be there but it still is difficult to cope with, especially for the young family he leaves 'in country'. Thank God for the versatile, independent woman he has for his wife. Our 10-year old granddaughter and 6-year old grandson are such blessings and all are keeping busy with their various school activities, work, sports, etc. just waiting for the day 'daddy' gets to come home. Pray for all our men and women over there and the loved ones they have left behind 'for just a little while'!

We know things happen for a reason and we trust God for Mike's safe delivery back to us.

God Bless America! Let Freedom Ring ALways!
Carolyn and J.D.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
YES, Lets don't forget those wives and children that are left behind and the trying times that they go through. The mothers and fathers who go to bed at night wondering and praying that their son or daughter is ok. So it's not only the soldier or airman or sailor's sacrafice for all of us to have the freedom that we have. Thousands of people in these United States of America don't have any idea what it takes for us to have the freedom that we do have and that is sad if you think about it. I also am proud that the american soldier is getting the thanks and recognition that they get when coming home now. It sure didn't happen in the 60's and 70's and that is also sad.
Bill

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Thousands of people in these United States of America don't have any idea what it takes for us to have the freedom that we do have and that is sad if you think about it. I also am proud that the american soldier is getting the thanks and recognition that they get when coming home now. It sure didn't happen in the 60's and 70's and that is also sad.
Bill

No, we didn't get it when we came home...and I made a vow that no other kid was ever going to go through the things that I went through.

I've had the chance to box a couple of jaws in the last couple of years. Man, it sure felt good! "Hey Boy! You remind me of this guy in the SF Airport back in 1971...lemme give you a little of what I wabted to give him!"None

Peteandsharon

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
--John Stuart Mill

Whether you accept the fact that our current war is justified or not, you cannot help but love the men and women that put their lives on the line every day to defend all of us (including the selfish SOB's that would just as soon see our service men lose to prove their viewpoint). The least that we can do is pray daily for their safety. God keep and protect them all.