Towing Info

CrazyTed

Hello, I love the look of this trailer and the rumored price will be awesome. I have a Chevy 2500 w/ the Duramax/Allison setup. What will the be towing requirements of the trailer? Will my Chevy be up to the task?
Thanks in adance....

J

jason cyclone sales

That is the same truck i use to haul cyclone to show dealers.
Thank You for the interest...

CrazyTed

Thank you very much. Can't wait to see on in person. Any shows on the east coast or any dealers near VA that have one or will have one in stock?

Loco

Tow vehicle

We have a 2007 3795 cyclone and pull with a 2006 F-350 6.0 powerstroke, dual 4x4 four door long bed 4:10 rear end. there is no way I would pull this unit with any thing less. We pulled ours from Atlanta to Marion Wis 1000 miles it did great. But with two harleys,all our gear, two kids, dog-cat. No water in tanks just a full gas tank for the gen set. We stop at a truck stop and weigh the unit it came in at 24,420 lbs. The dual rear wheels handled the unit fine in the hills of Tenn. But I have been driving big trucks (firetrucks and tractor trailers in the late 70s) for 28 years and would not want to pull this trailer with a single rear wheel truck. no way! The F-350 pulls it great but we may go up to 550 in a couple of years. Also if you use it at rallies and get off the road you should have Reese Hitch that is what we have because it has more side to side tilt than the other makes. I have a 20K Reese in our truck. I have put the rig in some wild places so far and I am so glad I got the Reese. Some of my pics show the rig tilted in the pic area

Last edited:

timk

Ted,

Here is a link to the payload specs for Chevy trucks; http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado/specifications/
you didn't give the details of your truck but the 2500 payload runs from the mid 3000lbs area to just over 4000lbs.

Here is a link to some real world weights;
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=964&highlight=weight
As you can see, pin weight runs from just over 2000lbs to almost 4000lbs. Don't forget to add the wife and dog, and gas?

So to answer your question, maybe??

We have a 3500 dually, and have wished we had more truck, more than once.

TimK

CrazyTed

Wow, I've been away from the site for awile but you guys have kept my post going. I've had some pretty big life changes that derailed my plans, bigtime. Let's see. While at work I was hit by a drunk driver. I have a head injury. After a year I was terminated from my job. I'm now fighting with the state to get approved for a disability retirement. My wife was diagnosed with cancer. She's now in chemo then radiation. I was just recently diagnosed with a tumor in my right hand. I'll have surgery on Feb 21 and will find out after that if it is cancer or not. So, needless to say I haven't been racing motorcycles and haven't needed a trailer. I'm still looking and just came back to visit the Heartland site and was very happy to see the new models. The 3210 really caught my eye.

Now, I believe my 2005 Chevy Duramax/Allison short bed single rear wheel would be able to tow that no problem. Would only be me and the wife with one dirt bike in the back. Not too much stuff to pack besides clothing. Should be a really nice unit to use for that!!!!

BluegrassMan

HI CrazyTed:
I'm so sorry to hear of your bad luck. If it will help any, My friend's wife fought for disability always getting denied. He hired a lawyer, got approved for SSI with a 2yr back pay when the checks started coming. Though the lawyer got his cut! I sure hope everything comes back with a good report. I want you all to be healthy to get a Heartland and join the gang. I'll bet it IS hard not being involved racing, you'll get back to it. Say your "Handle" CrazyTed didn't have anything to do with the head injury did it ? I know it came from racing bikes. I'm known in my neighborhood as "the organ donor" because of riding my HD. Take Care.

CrazyTed

BluegrassMan said:
HI CrazyTed:
I'm so sorry to hear of your bad luck. If it will help any, My friend's wife fought for disability always getting denied. He hired a lawyer, got approved for SSI with a 2yr back pay when the checks started coming. Though the lawyer got his cut! I sure hope everything comes back with a good report. I want you all to be healthy to get a Heartland and join the gang. I'll bet it IS hard not being involved racing, you'll get back to it. Say your "Handle" CrazyTed didn't have anything to do with the head injury did it ? I know it came from racing bikes. I'm known in my neighborhood as "the organ donor" because of riding my HD. Take Care.

Thanks. I actually have two lawyers. One for dealing with worker's comp and one for the personal injury side of this mess. I will be denied social security as the way they do it in VA is, if you can lift your arm, you can work somewhere so they won't let you get SS disability.
I still go to the races and help out as best I can. I usually have to sit down a bunch and take breaks.
As for my handle, I earned that working in NJ for a PD up there. I was a volunteer with the fire department and the rescue squad so I had blue lights on my grille and dash board of my midnight blue camaro. We responded from home up there as volunteers. One of the patrol officers started calling me CrazyTed the Mad Blue Lighter and the CrazyTed part stuck.

As for "organ donors", that's what we call the local Navy personel who go on their first six month deployment, come home with their pay checks and buy a 1000cc sport bike. Usually they have never ridden a street bike before and they end up donating their organs within four weeks.

Stay safe.... wish we had a local Heartland RV Dealer around here. Closest is in West Virginia or Pennsylvania....

BluegrassMan

Ted:

I live about 8 miles from the one in Pa (right at the pa-md border on I 81). Depending on whom you get, you may get treated ok, and then maybe not. They have been know to have attitude problems there. I get good service from them. I didn't by my GC there either. I do know a few of the service guys, that helps. Right now they do have a Bighorn and a Landmark sitting out along the interstate to show for "special sale". Might be worth a look or a call. You never know!

CrazyTed

Thanks. I'm actually looking/dreaming for a toy hauler. I used to race motorcycles and still go to the races and help out. I use a quad or something to get around on. I call it my handicap bike. I want to take a walk around the inside of a 3210 and see if it is what we are looking for. Thanks again.

BluegrassMan

Hi Ted:
I know what you mean, I just got back into riding after a long abscence. I bought my HD as a retirement presrnt to MYSELF ! Now a toy hauler would be great. I can't start thinking that way, no way.

Cheryl

I live about 8 miles from the one in Pa (right at the pa-md border on I 81)
If you are talking about Keystone, they are no longer going to be a dealer. We saw them at the Pittsburgh RV show. The man there wouldn't go into why other than to say they were going to concentrate more on Class-A.