Choosing correct options on System Setup screen for Video when connected via GT-3.0 HDMI out

AZRic

I have connected the GT-3.0 HDMI out to my Visio TV and am able to watch DVD's. I am wondering which Video option should be chosen when using HDMI for the best quality picture. Available options are:
1. INTERLACED - YUV
2. TV-RGB
3. P-SCAN XPBPR
4. S-VIDEO

I have the System Setup Resolution set to 1080P.

danemayer

Hi AZRic,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The Video Options you list appear to be input selections matched to back panel connectors on the TV, rather than video resolution. If you also have an HDMI connector, you're on the right one with highest quality. I think if you set the video option to any of those that you list, you may lose your picture altogether, or perhaps shift into a low quality video mode.

If you look at the model # on the TV, you should be able to download a manual from Vizio to find out more.

AZRic

Thanks Dan,
The Video option on the GT-3.0 "must be" chosen. I'm surprised that "HMDI" is not an option on the list since the GT-3.0 has the HDMI output option. Maybe the GT-3.0 ignores the Video option in Setup when connecting to the TV using the GT-3.0 HDMI output. Maybe one of the Genesis people can confirm this thought.

BTW...since my last post, I have tried other GT-3.0 Setup-Video options with the HDMI output hooked up to the Visio HDMI input when playing a HD DVD in the GT-3.0 player. All seem to be excellent, but there does seem to be slight variations. Just wondering now how Genesis system works. GT-3.0 User Guide contains no detail on Video output specifics and how to best configure these options.