Magnadyne RV5090 Stereo

silvasp

Does anyone know why these speakers are wired A and C Inside, B outside?
I Understand that A and C are 25watt and B is 10watt, but I would think you would want more wattage outside. Am I wrong?

silvasp

Thanks!
I'm guessing since it's not clearly pointed out, that C (since it's drawn by itself away from A&B) should be the outdoor set.
Is that how yours are wired?

I got this from Magnadyne tech support;
"A and B are the high power outputs (the louder outputs)
B is typically used for outside speakers since you need the power.
C is typically for the bedroom since the power requirement for that room is usually low.
A is always used for the main cabin area."

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Maybe C is lower output because running your outside sound loud in a campground is rude. Others don't want to listen your noise.

silvasp

Maybe C is lower output because running your outside sound loud in a campground is rude. Others don't want to listen your noise.

I rarely listen to the music outside. For us, that's not why we camp. And "B" if you see it, is 25w. MORE power for the outdoor. My confusion, I guess was the way they split it. I would think A/B or B/C would be indoor and A or C would be outdoor. Not concerned about the power output, but more about both indoor speakers, (front and rear) being the same power output.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

If the output is lower on C then it is not documented in the installation manual as such. I wonder if it was just mis-wired. I will try to check my RV 5090 this weekend when I get campout this weekend.

I will also pull the RV5090 and see how mine is wired up.

silvasp

If the output is lower on C then it is not documented in the installation manual as such. I wonder if it was just mis-wired. I will try to check my RV 5090 this weekend when I get campout this weekend.

I will also pull the RV5090 and see how mine is wired up.

It's documented here under "Audio"

I'm probably going to wire mine as A/B inside, C outside. I'll have more consistent sound inside the trailer, since all 4 speakers are in the same room (there's no speakers in the bedroom)

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
It's documented here under "Audio"

I'm probably going to wire mine as A/B inside, C outside. I'll have more consistent sound inside the trailer, since all 4 speakers are in the same room (there's no speakers in the bedroom)

Thanks for pointing out that the specs were actually listed on their website. I was looking in my copy of the manual which does not list it.

silvasp

Well. Re-wired my stereo to be front A/rear B and outdoor as C.
I was disappointed to find C was unused and not even wired from the factory and all the grounds were wired together.
I re-wired each speaker so that they have their own ground now. After doing this the stereo sounds much better.
Also disappointed to see the FM antenna was all balled up and stashed behind unit. I'll need to get back in there now to see if I can spread it out as much as I can to improve reception.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Well. Re-wired my stereo to be front A/rear B and outdoor as C.
I was disappointed to find C was unused and not even wired from the factory and all the grounds were wired together.
I re-wired each speaker so that they have their own ground now. After doing this the stereo sounds much better.
Also disappointed to see the FM antenna was all balled up and stashed behind unit. I'll need to get back in there now to see if I can spread it out as much as I can to improve reception.

I just checked mine and found wired as A inside, B outside, C no output.

I will have to look into rewiring later.

Where are your inside speakers in relation to your TV? and which did you choose as front/A, Rear B?

silvasp

Good morning.
The speakers nearest the front of the trailer are now A. The speakers nearest the TV are B. I don't have any speakers in the bedroom.