Sleep Number Bed Option in Landmark - Please vote

Do you think offering an option for a Select Comfort Sleep Number bed is a good idea?

• Yes - this is a good idea

Votes: 55 87.3%
  • No - this is not a good idea

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbeletti

This poll is being posted for Andy Wesdorp, the GM for the Landmark 365 product.

Andy is looking for anyone and everyone to vote in this poll. Landmark ownership or planned Landmark ownership is not critical with this poll. And No votes convey as much to Andy as Yes votes do - so please vote!

Poll Question: Do you think offering an option for a Select Comfort Sleep Number bed is a good idea?

Poll will run for 2 weeks. Votes are anonymous.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes:
I've never had a Sleep Number bed before but we have been considering one lately.
Any option is a good option too me. If I were ordering a new rig I could go down the list of options and pick what I want and don't want, if its not on there I can't pick it.

Lou_and_Bette

As an option...options are a good thing. My question would be how many rigs are sold from dealer stock and how many are "custom" ordered?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We've never had one but I've heard good things about the Sleep Number mattress.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think it's a good idea. At least the Sleep Number Bed can be adjusted to fit different mattress comfort levels. Better chance you might have a mattress that will last and be comfortable, than one that is likely to "not work" for you.

We left the original King mattress with the dealer when we bought our Big Country. We moved our Queen Sleep Number bed over, till we could get a King. Just had the King (ComfortAire, made by Select Comfort for Camping World) for about a week now and LOVE IT!!

danemayer

Might be good to have a follow up poll on how much people would be willing to pay for a Sleep Number bed option.

mlpeloquin

We have a Big Horn with that piece of junk foam mattress. Fourth time out we started sleeping in a pit. We have had a Select Comfort Sleep Number at home for ten years and it is the best mattress we ever owned. Perhaps the best for a bad back. It should not only be be an option for Landmarks, Big Horns, and Big Countries, but the base one should be the default mattress. The top of the line Sleep Number the option mattress. An extra $1200.00 or so for what the rigs cost is in the noise. Why should inferior mattresses be put in full time luxury fifth wheels? We will be getting a Select Comfort Sleep Number by years end. It takes time to do all the upgrades. We should not have had to do this one.

asherwin

Given that the standard mattress installed in any and all Heartland products, well, how to put this, sucks, an option for a good mattress makes sense for any of their products.

jbeletti

Might be good to have a follow up poll on how much people would be willing to pay for a Sleep Number bed option.

Good point. I suppose it would be something north or retail for the mattress, given there's installation considerations at the plant. Andy will let us all know if this ends up being a go. But yeah, guess it would be good to know what people's cost threshold is?

TravelTiger

Good point. I suppose it would be something north or retail for the mattress, given there's installation considerations at the plant. Andy will let us all know if this ends up being a go. But yeah, guess it would be good to know what people's cost threshold is?

Just to compare, Camping World is offering their "DreamAire" narrow King (72x80) which is made and warranted for 25 years by Select Comfort, for $1299.99. The Sleep Number "premier" version is $1644.99.

wehavefun

It should be an option in the Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country lines. Of course they are are in the same assembly plant also, that would make it an easy adder for any of the lines and there would be an increase in sales if offered by more than one line which would drive down the costs per bed, when purchasing multiple units at one time. The customer is willing to pay the price of the mattress and Heartland saves $25 for the mattress they currently install.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I voted "no" because after my experience with a sleep number bed at our stick and brick I think it the biggest rip-off in bedding products. BUT in hind-sight I guess I should have voted "yes" to the OPTION of ordering one. A lot of folks do not hold my view of what a crappy product sleep number is, so I think there should be the option to have one installed if so desired. I do agree with danemayer that the real question is who would pay to have one in their coach. That is where my no vote would be.

Bones

Why not a tempurpedic. Would you loose the under bed storage with a select comfort?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think it might be more important to know how much Heartland will charge for the option.
If they want $3,000 for a $2,000 Sleep Number then my answer would be no to having it as an option.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

I voted "no" because after my experience with a sleep number bed at our stick and brick I think it the biggest rip-off in bedding products. BUT in hind-sight I guess I should have voted "yes" to the OPTION of ordering one. A lot of folks do not hold my view of what a crappy product sleep number is, so I think there should be the option to have one installed if so desired. I do agree with danemayer that the real question is who would pay to have one in their coach. That is where my no vote would be.

So Keith - I'm really confused as to how you feel about this bed. Just kidding Santa :)

Thanks for your feedback. Everyone's experience with a given product can be different. Like you, I did not prefer the sleep number system. But a LOT of people love it - hence the question of should it be an option.

See you in Vegas!

TravelTiger

Why not a tempurpedic. Would you loose the under bed storage with a select comfort?

The pump unit is no bigger than a shoebox. The hoses would need to be routed to the head of the bed and out the platform, just a couple of extra holes. The plug could be inside the under-bed compartment, or have a hole in the bed base to route the cord to the existing plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

The pump unit is no bigger than a shoebox. The hoses would need to be routed to the head of the bed and out the platform, just a couple of extra holes. The plug could be inside the under-bed compartment, or have a hole in the bed base to route the cord to the existing plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the clarification. For some reason I was thinking that there was a whole support system to be-able to move the bed up and down

- - - Updated - - -

How about an option for a tempurpedic too