Help with purchase and delivery process

resqguy

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and assume this is the best place for introduction. I came over from rv.net. I am a Senior Member there and have been an active poster (one who posts) since 2000. I've owned Class A RVs in the past but have been renting for a while since we only use the RV for vacations.

That all changed yesterday when I put a deposit on a used 2006 Bighorn 3600RL. The unit looks to be in good shape but I thought I would post here with a few questions.

1) Although we have the manuals, we couldn't find the "Window Sticker" that lists all the options. I would like to find out how my unit is equipped. This would help with the financing as well by giving the bank an accurate value base. Is there a way to get a copy from Heartland?

2) I made a copy of the PDI from the sticky (thanks for the work on that) but I wanted to see if there were any other particular issues that I should look for. The dealer said that my unit was originally sold in Dec. of 2004 so it is an early 2006.

3) Does anyone have a pdf of the brochure of the Bighorns for the 2006 model year?

Thanks in advance for your help.

jbeletti

Hi resqguy,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Heartland Owners family :)

I have attached a 2006 BH brochure.

With your VIN in hand, contact Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 and explain to them that you are a second owner. Ask them if they can look up the build sheet for you. It may be possible - I am not sure.

Hey, get that trailer and bring it to Branson this June 12-15 and join us for the rally!

Congratulations in advance and we hope to meet up with you one day.

Jim

Attachments

• BH_06_lit.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 10

resqguy

Hey, get that trailer and bring it to Branson this June 12-15 and join us for the rally!

Thanks for the brochure and the invite. Unfortunately I have a more than full time job that keeps me busy. I am lucky to have weekends off. I intend to use the FW for vacations at Ocean Lakes campground and have them store it during the season.

jbeletti

resqguy,

Since you go to the Myrtle Beach area, you must try to get to our SE Rally near Myrtle Beach in Longs, SC at Willow Tree RV Resort. Awesome place. Here's a link. Rally is in October.

resqguy

Here is a picture. I can't wait to get it home.

06Bighorn3600RL.jpg

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland. We have a 2006 3600RL and it is a great unit. In fact I am in it right now. We have had very little trouble with the unit, and we ordered it new. You will find Heartland and its owners very helpful and friendly. If you have a fireplace I would suggest you check to be sure the DVD cabinet above the fireplace is not getting too hot. Ours was getting to hot and the fireplace manufacturer solved the problem with a shield installed by the dealer. Know it workis great, and I can use the fireplace to heat or Horn. Also, what tires are on your unit? If they are from China, I would suggest doing a forum search on tire issues. You may want to switch to Good Year G614. We love our Horn and I am sure your unit will serve you well. Best of luck, and I hope you can make the rally in Branson, Mo.