Where to buy a closet?

McTaggart

Lee-Ann and I are looking to put a closet between the entry door and the side and want it to match our Silverado's interior?

danemayer

Hi McTaggart,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If anyone knows where you can buy a pre-made closet, I'm sure they'll chime in, but I'd guess you might have to build yourself.

You might take off a cabinet door and take it with you to find matching materials at your local retailer.

Garypowell

You can buy parts from Heartland. We had a couple of bad doors and they replaced them. I saved them and when I removed the stove in our rig I cut one of them in half and used it to make the front on the pull out shelf I put in the ovens place.

I am sure they can sell you sheets of material, the plastic corner wrap they use and doors with hardware. Then you build a 2 by 2 frame and cover it. That's all they do.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes, you might get parts from HL....but the shipping cost will kill you. Go to Lowes/HD and get something that is unfinished that will fit. Take a door with you and find some stain that will match.

Last edited:

danemayer

Shipping charges can be high, especially for bulky items. If you have a local dealer who will cooperate, you might be able to get the parts shipped inside a trailer that's headed for your local dealer.

mlpeloquin

I have ordered parts from Heartland. Great great quick response. It seems that they use two/three day delivery. That is expensive, but most of the orders maybe for RV repair shops that need the quick turn. I have learned to build a list and order everything at once. So far nothing needed in a log time.