Small decals on side of new rig

RVFun4Us

Hi everyone,

Just pulled home our new 3270RS last week. I was wondering the best way to get the side decals off the rig such as the decal on hydraulics. These are just temporary or so I thought. When trying to remove the hydraulic advertising decal, it started to separate leaving a paper base under it. Trying to be careful not to use any harmful substance to remove the gooey since the side is fiberglass. I use goof-off liquid remover on other household items but not sure about these decals. Since there are quite a few on the rig (fender walls), how many of you remove these and what do you use if you do. The turning radius decal on the front corner came off fine, no residue. Thanks for your comments.

Bob

DougS

Doug S
I used bumper sticker remover. You can get a spray can at auto stores. This post reminds me that I have to remove two stickers tomorrow, thanks for the reminder.

GregP

I have used GOOF OFF to remove the residual glue after peeling the stickers off the front cap and sides of our BH. I rinsed with warm soapy water immediately after and have waxed over it all since. There does not appear to have been any adverse results and the Goof Off worked well (with a little elbow grease).

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good ol WD40 generally works pretty good to get the residue off. Just spray and let it sit for a few minutes. I have never had it harm the paint on anything yet either.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

A heat gun works the best !!! After a little practice you'll find the perfect temp and they will come right off with no glue residue left behind. If you try it to cool it will leave the residue, to hot and the sticker will rip. Right in the middle of that it will peel right off. Then wipe with Goof-off .

ICamel

Wife's hair dryer. Heat up the decal and peel off. You can use WD-40 for any adhesive residue that might remain. Then a fresh coating of wax over where you removed the decal.

RVFun4Us

Thanks everyone. Based on your comments, think I will try the hair dryer first, then remove any residue with Goof-off. Then re-wax area. Will let you all know how I do.

RVFun4Us

Well the update on my decal remover. I did like Oregon Camper did and peeled the Hydraulic Landing Gear sticker off the propane door with the help of a hair dryer. Residue left behind was removed with Goof Off. Then washed the area well, dryed it, and put Nu-Finish Polish over the area. Looks great.

Question I now have is if there are any stickers that should be left on the rig? I would think the warning stickers should be left on. And obviously the ID stickers such as the RVIA by the door. But what about the following: Correct Track Suspension Alignment System; Dexter Axle NEV-R-ADJUST forward self adjusting electric brakes decal; Dexter Axle E-Z-FLEX Maximized Suspension Life decal. All of these are located around the wheel wells. I already removed the 88 degree decal on the front cap. Are there any rules of engagement on decals or just an owner's discretion?