SOLVED: City Water does not work after de-winterizing

violinini1

I am on our maiden voyage to Florida, we filled up our fresh water tank before leaving and have been camping off of that for the last two days without any problems. When we finally got to Florida and hooked up to fresh water, I can still fill the fresh water tank, but I do not get any water when using the "normal" position on the valve. This is the first time that we have tried to use city water directly since purchasing the unit a month ago and the dealer had winterized it using the forced air method at delivery. Is there a valve that I am missing somewhere that needs to be turned on? Like I say, the fresh tank water supply works great, and I could continue to use that if necessary, but prefer to use the city water directly if possible. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. The dealer service department is closed today, Saturday, but will try to reach him on Monday.

lynndiwagoner

Re: City Water does not work after de-winterizing

On mine the "Normal" position is for the pump and is at the 12:00 o'clock position. The correct setting for the city water is at the 6:00 o'clock position, I'm not sure how it is labeled.....maybe "City."

wehavefun

I will bet your Anderson valve is bad. That is the valve that you select where you want the water diverted. If changing that in all positions doesn't change anything that is your problem. Easy fix.

danemayer

If you want to use the campground water faucet, rather than pump water out of your fresh tank, move the 4-way switch to CITY (arrow pointing down). Turn the pump OFF.

violinini1

Yep! Tell me I feel like fool. HA! That did the trick. I did not see the four letter city in the dark last night, and thought that normal was the correct position. It works great. Thanks to all who responded. This forum is terrific!!! :rolleyes:

sengli

Don, why did you run off to florida? Going to be in the 70's in the sunshine(indiana) state next week!