The mods have started

Gtoli

Decided early on that the placement of the awning, slide, interior light and porch light switches inside the service cabinet was far from convenient. Trying to find the black colored interior light switch on the black colored panel in a dark trailer was difficult at best and extending or retracting the awning was dicey because I couldn't see the awning while reaching down in the cabinet to work the switch.
So far I have the awning and slide switches moved to the side of the entertainment cabinet.
I have a brown colored dual switch panel on order to move the interior and porch light switches. Plan on putting them just above the awning and slide switches.
image.jpg

Gtoli

Replaced the no-name brand tires and stock wheels with G rated Sailun tires and comparable wheels. Now I feel more comfortable with the wieght capacity of the tires.

image.jpeg

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Looks good. This is something I eventually will do to ours as well. I just have not decided what we need access to the most. Definitely one of the lights.

Sniper

Decided early on that the placement of the awning, slide, interior light and porch light switches inside the service cabinet was far from convenient. Trying to find the black colored interior light switch on the black colored panel in a dark trailer was difficult at best and extending or retracting the awning was dicey because I couldn't see the awning while reaching down in the cabinet to work the switch.
So far I have the awning and slide switches moved to the side of the entertainment cabinet.
I have a brown colored dual switch panel on order to move the interior and porch light switches. Plan on putting them just above the awning and slide switches.
View attachment 43287
Good job. Looks like it came from the factory that way. I'm working on having a light coming on when you open the compartment door on ours. Because, well because that's what the Big Boss wants. LOL :)

Gtoli

I took that faceplate with the switches right out of the control panel. It was a separate section from the larger panel with all of the other switches. The service panel is directly behind where I mounted the switches, so all I had to do was mark the wires, cut holes in cabinet, stretch the wires out (there was plenty of slack) and reconnect. Now I will need to make a block out plate to cover where I took the switch panel from, but that should be easy enough.
I ordered brown colored switches and double bezel for the lights from Amazon. Will post pic when I get that job done.
Also plan on running a lead from porch light switch out under the rig so I can install led step lights and maybe some led ribbon lights under the sides.

Gtoli

I like those!

- - - Updated - - -

Just for reference, the empty space at the bottom is where I swiped the awning/slide switch panel from. I plan on making a simple cover plate later.
image.jpeg

Here are the interior & porch light switches installed. The photo was taken while standing in the open entry door, so the switches are positioned in a convenient location for entering from the door or hallway.

image.jpeg

You our can barely see behind the panel where Heartland used their patented "rabid badger-on-a-stick" to "cut" the openings for wire pass through.

Gtoli

Installed led ribbon lights on side of rig just under the awning. I wired them into the porch light.
http://www.amazon.com/Lampux-Waterp...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01
they are supposed to be "warm" white but look like more of a bright white. Really put out a lot of light though. Will probably be installing the remainder under the trailer for extra lighting for when we're out in the forest. Have already run a new 15 amp circuit from the fuse panel through the old porch light switch to the under side, along with a lead from the new porch light switch for the step lights. Photos of the underbelly lights to come.
image.jpeg
Also installed led lights up behind the steps.
image.jpeg

Gtoli

Used some of the led strip lights left over from the under awning project for under belly lighting on the door side. I plan on getting more of these strips if these ones stay adhered to the bottom of the rig. I added a new circuit from a spare spot on the fuse panel and used the old porch light switch in the control center to switch these lights.
image.jpg

Sniper

Used some of the led strip lights left over from the under awning project for under belly lighting on the door side. I plan on getting more of these strips if these ones stay adhered to the bottom of the rig. I added a new circuit from a spare spot on the fuse panel and used the old porch light switch in the control center to switch these lights.
View attachment 44486
Looking good. :)

Gtoli

I added this 12v/USB plug to the entertainment center. I hard wired it into the factory 12v plug. Since my rig only came with one plug from the factory this will help charge multiple cell phones, i-pad, etc.
image.jpg

I also shortened the valances on the bedroom slide out windows by 4". (Should have taken a "before" pic) We have a memory foam mattress pad that was hitting the valances and making the already difficult task of making the bed even more difficult.
image.jpg

Sniper

I added this 12v/USB plug to the entertainment center. I hard wired it into the factory 12v plug. Since my rig only came with one plug from the factory this will help charge multiple cell phones, i-pad, etc.
View attachment 44513

I also shortened the valances on the bedroom slide out windows by 4". (Should have taken a "before" pic) We have a memory foam mattress pad that was hitting the valances and making the already difficult task of making the bed even more difficult.
View attachment 44514
Looks great! We were just discussing doing the same thing to our valances because we also want to put on a memory foam mattress topper. Were they difficult to modify?

Gtoli

Sniper,
It wasn't too hard. I took one down, pulled the trim strip off the back (3 screws), then pulled enough staples out of the trim piec and valance and peeled back the material to expose the wood. Next I cut 4" off of the wood, trimmed the material down, folded the material back and bunched up where it would be under the trim piece. Next I folded the material under the trim piece and reattached it putting the lowest screw through the material to hold it all in place so I didn't have to use staples or glue.

Yours may be different depending on the type of material used on your rig.

I figure if they put it together, I can at least take it apart. ;)

Sniper

Sniper,
It wasn't too hard. I took one down, pulled the trim strip off the back (3 screws), then pulled enough staples out of the trim piec and valance and peeled back the material to expose the wood. Next I cut 4" off of the wood, trimmed the material down, folded the material back and bunched up where it would be under the trim piece. Next I folded the material under the trim piece and reattached it putting the lowest screw through the material to hold it all in place so I didn't have to use staples or glue.

Yours may be different depending on the type of material used on your rig.

I figure if they put it together, I can at least take it apart. ;)
Thanks G the Commander is wanting to put that memory foam mattress topper on soon, but she won't allow me to mess with the valence until we get back home so I'll be checking on it then. :)