New laptop with Win 10 -- Key apps not working

TxCowboy

Received my new HP Envy laptop last week. Came with Win 10 and is the touchscreen-capable model.

Now, several key apps aren't responding -- they just won't open. The START button that is supposed to toggle between the Win 10 and Win 7 style desktops, the Windows Edge browser won't open, the Microsoft Shopping icon (looks like a shopping bag icon), and a couple of others on the task bar.

I tried looking up fixes for this/these errors and it seems everything requires me to go into the program and change code, something I am VERY nervous about trying.

Has anyone had this/these issues and, if so, how did you remedy these?

caissiel

Good luck. I worked on that problem on my desktop till I got tired. Read for days and no apps on the desktop work. Though there are many solutions I never got any success to fix. Win7 is a rock compared to 10. Some of my purchased programs did not transfeted properly and had to register. Some had limits. So now I have been using Win10 as a bad Win7.
I determined that my problem could be a PC capability problem as we have 2 newer portables that work well with win 10. One from Win8 and the other Win7.

Sent from my B1-710 using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Now, several key apps aren't responding -- they just won't open.
1 - The START button that is supposed to toggle between the Win 10 and Win 7 style desktops
2 - the Windows Edge browser won't open
3 - Microsoft Shopping icon (looks like a shopping bag icon), and a couple of others on the task bar.

Any chance you can take a picture of your screen and point out the icons you are having problems with?

I have Windows 10 on ~6 machines and they are all running great.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I am running a laptop and a desktop with Windows 7 and am afraid to instal Windblows 10.

Everything in my bones tells me not to install Windblows 10.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have an older laptop that came with Windows 7 and did the free upgrade last summer to Windows 10. Other than getting used to it, it's been working fine. Definitely starts faster than it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk