Considering buying a 2012 fx23 focus edition. Need advice on tow vehicle

Capgrass

Hi I live in the Colorado mountains and am considering a 2012 fx23 North Trail focus edition Gvwr 5800. I currently have a Toyota Four Runner that would be pushed to the max towing that rig. Wondering if anyone has any input into a good truck to match with this trailer. Thanks for any input.

danemayer

Hi Capgrass,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so I'm sure you'll get some specific advice shortly.

Let me suggest that as you shop, you might consider buying more truck than you think you need for this trailer. Towing in the mountains and controlling speed on long downhill runs can be difficult. Also, if in a few years you decide to move to a larger trailer, you won't need to go truck shopping at the same time.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We used a Toyota Tundra to tow our NT 21fbs, that was 5500GVWR, I think. It did great, even the Mountains of Colorado. Tow rating on it was 10k. However, a few years later we decided to upgrade to a 5ver, and the Tundra could never handle that. So plan your truck purchase not on what you have, but what you might have down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk