need some help, electrical problems 3400 rl.

caokgafamily

Why would the converter breaker switch keep poping. I was using the outside receptical last night and the GFI popped, I reset it and it seemed to work fine. I did notice that when we went to bed I could smell something burnt , Also the micro is not working. The converter breaker will not reset.Thank's for the help.

SmokeyBare

Steve,

Could you offer a little more information... is the tripped breaker the same one powering the outside GFI outlet? Where was the "Burnt" smell coming from? Near the Wall where the Outside GFI is located? Near the Breaker Panel? Near the Microwave?

Breakers can and do go bad... Same with GFI outlets...

I'm not sure the GFI would or would not reset... if the power is out... by the breaker being tripped.

Guess I'd have a close look at that GFI outlet... with the power off of course. See if that's the location where the burnt smell was coming from... see if it appears scorched or burnt from over loading the circuit.

Once you've had a close look at the back side of that GFI... if there is no problem you can find... I'd unplug the Microwave.... and see if the Circuit breaker will reset.

Good luck finding the source of the problem !

Marv

caokgafamily

The tripped breaker says converter on the label. The gfi seems to be working fine. I could not isolate the smell. I do notice that all the lights seem to be dim? Also the slides will not go out not enough power? slow&clicking sound. My battery did go dead last week but when I plugged it in it recharged.

Jimmyt5

You have probably have a bad converter, Mine went bad not long age and while I was waiting to get new one and trying to keep the refer running I plugged into the truck. I went to Wally World next day and got a small battery charger till I got the converter replaced.

boatdoc

Don't go by what the labels say untill you have verified them. We had a pair mislabled on our 3670 till I did some searching behind the wall in the basement. If you haven't had that wall down be prepared, it looks like there might be 3 miles of wire and 2 miles of plumbing behind it. the converter and the vacumm were mixed up. Good luck