Arizona, 2017 Rallies/Campouts

MTPockets

Our Arizona chapter has typically held in our first three years, an early rally, Jan or Feb, and a Sept or Oct Rally. We've also had a Campout and some Meet'n'greets... They have all been great. Right now we have the Show Low Campout April 28 To May 1, 2016, and Fort McDowell rally starts Sept 21, 2016 just ahead of the Vegas National. The 2017 schedule starts at Lake Havasu in January. Now I'm asking for your input for our 2017 fall Ralley. We are blessed here in Arizona with so many wonderful locations and I want you all to provide your suggestions for best place to hold our fall 2017 Rally. Also chime in if you want to schedule another Campout.

I'll start with suggesting Page, AZ - Wahweap Marina & RV on Lake Powell. June & I have stayed there and I'm thinking some of you may have as well. Here's some of what I know about this RV park. First, you enter a National Recreation fee area. $25 entrance fee unless you have a senior pass, then it's free. Or other federal annual passes as well. Campsites are about $48 per night full hook up. Sites are paved and very nice campground. All of our campground activities would be at our sites, as I don't think they have common areas for groups.. I'll check to confirm that. Also, each will select their own site using the reservation system, so if we go here, we'll have to start booking as early as we are permitted so we can be in same general area. Without specifics, of course there is Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam is gorgeous, dozens of choices for structured tours on the lake or in the canyons. Lots of open area for ATV's jeeps, 4WD vehicles. We've driven many miles on dirt roads on the North side of the Lake and the views are as grand as any we've seen.

What are your thoughts on Page, or other sites we have not visited or return to one of our previous sites... It's your chapter so jump in with any thoughts you may have.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm still loopy from the Tucson Rodeo Rally . . . (and waiting for some of those Rodeo photos)!

We have so many here in Colorado that I'm not sure if we can make another in AZ right away, although we are booked for Lake Havasu in January 2017!!

Can't wait to see you and June and all of the other AZ HOC members again!

MTPockets

I'm still loopy from the Tucson Rodeo Rally . . . (and waiting for some of those Rodeo photos)!

We have so many here in Colorado that I'm not sure if we can make another in AZ right away, although we are booked for Lake Havasu in January 2017!!

Can't wait to see you and June and all of the other AZ HOC members again!
. John, you're always welcome in Arizona... It's a little early right now for us to commit, but we may make CO sometime next year.

Lynn1130

I am sure you are aware but just in case, daytime temps will be 95 to 105. Having spent every available day on that lake when we had a boat I can just about run it blindfolded from Dangling Rope backwards.

MTPockets

I am sure you are aware but just in case, daytime temps will be 95 to 105. Having spent every available day on that lake when we had a boat I can just about run it blindfolded from Dangling Rope backwards.
We're looking at late Sept into October. Avg temps show from low 80's to 70's at that time of year.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
. John, you're always welcome in Arizona... It's a little early right now for us to commit, but we may make CO sometime next year.

I don't know . . . after my wild horsey ride at the Rodeo at Lazy Dayz . . . I'm not sure if they want me back! :eek:

By the way . . . did I mention that we are still waiting to see some of the photos? :confused:

Lynn1130

We're looking at late Sept into October. Avg temps show from low 80's to 70's at that time of year.

LOL. I saw June and thought June as in the month of June. Guess I should read slower. Sept/Oct is beautiful and the summer crowds are gone.

F_Goose

Hi Terry,
We would be interested in a campout in Page in Sept/Oct 2017. How about something in the Cottonwood or Prescott area? We've been to Dead Horse Ranch SP and loved it.

Keep us on your list,
Fred

Mrsfish

Hi Terry,
We would be interested in a campout in Page in Sept/Oct 2017. How about something in the Cottonwood or Prescott area? We've been to Dead Horse Ranch SP and loved it.

Keep us on your list,
Fred

I'm not Terry (he's nicer) - but we just held a rally in that area this last October. It is an awesome location and I'm sure the area will be back on our places to go list pretty soon. Lots to see in the beautiful state of ours!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Ann:
Not sure you can really say that! You are about as nice as they come according to Rick!!!!!!
Where have you guys been? Rick isn't answering his phone.....

MTPockets

I'm not Terry (he's nicer) - but we just held a rally in that area this last October. It is an awesome location and I'm sure the area will be back on our places to go list pretty soon. Lots to see in the beautiful state of ours!
Is that you Ann?

Ducky

Terry;

Page, AZ sounds great, especially in the September/October timeframe. I also just found ran into another location at Lake Pleasant, Pleasant Harbor RV Park. They run about $40-47.00 per night with elec/water hook ups, with RV dump site on property. check out their website at www.pleasantharbor.com. Maybe something for the future or not.

Also I finally received a call back from Joni @ Eagle River today (after two calls placed). She took my reservation information today and stated that Sandy will finalize and send out confirmation emails when she has all the information from other rally goers.

Paul (Ducky) and Diana Quackenbush

MTPockets

Terry;

Page, AZ sounds great, especially in the September/October timeframe. I also just found ran into another location at Lake Pleasant, Pleasant Harbor RV Park. They run about $40-47.00 per night with elec/water hook ups, with RV dump site on property. check out their website at www.pleasantharbor.com. Maybe something for the future or not.

Also I finally received a call back from Joni @ Eagle River today (after two calls placed). She took my reservation information today and stated that Sandy will finalize and send out confirmation emails when she has all the information from other rally goers.

Paul (Ducky) and Diana Quackenbush
. Pleasant Harbor, website looks good.. Has anyone been there ? Maybe a nice place to check out... Thanks Paul.

jwcox

I have camped (boon docked actually) at Lone Rock up there and it is beautiful. Hoping my truck could pull up that big hill. There's a lot to do there. I'd love to book a trip into Antelope Canyon. There is also a boat trip from just below the **** downstream. I can get info on that if you like. I would vote for early Oct. it gets hot there.

MTPockets

I have camped (boon docked actually) at Lone Rock up there and it is beautiful. Hoping my truck could pull up that big hill. There's a lot to do there. I'd love to book a trip into Antelope Canyon. There is also a boat trip from just below the **** downstream. I can get info on that if you like. I would vote for early Oct. it gets hot there.
Thanks Jeanie, I'll take you up on getting that info for us. Antelope tour and the boat trip. We've camped at Wahweap but never got to Antelope Canyon.. That would be a neat outing.