New Hauler Bed

EPaulikonis

My financial advisor, the DW, decided it was important to have improved access to the hitch, light harness, and gear we were trying to carry on our trips. Biggest challenge was loading and unloading the generator every time we stopped to camp. Not overly difficult to lift in my mid-40's, but I'm not getting any younger. So....decision was made to build a Utility Bodywerks Elite bed. Bed increased truck dry weight with hitch installed by 400lb. to 9,200 lb.; GVWR for the rig is 14,000. Honda 3000iS generator goes in the front passenger side compartment on a sliding drawer. There are 7 lockable compartments and the one right behind the cab stretches the width of the TV; perfect for lawn chairs, flagpole, golf clubs, etc.. The pass through compartment is larger on this bed design because of the generator compartment size requirement. Now the DW and I are haggling over who gets to put their gear in the remaining compartments. Anybody looking for used sporting goods or tools? Yeah, she'll win that discussion and occupy the spaces, but at least I get to continue RVing with her!

Bed 1.jpg Bed 3.jpg